dash board repair

559sixthgen

Hello everyone, i have a 96 civic coupe and i am currently restoring the interior. I have done the center console, from looking like crap to almost brand new. I now want to fix the dash board. Its not a big deal but i have 3 small holes on my dash. Is there a product that will fill the holes and can possibly be sanded down. I primarily used duplicolor paint to do the plastic. But i dont want to repaint my dash until i have these small imperfections fixed.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The dashboard is wrapped in vinyl so the best thing to do it buy a leather/vinyl repair kit to fill the holes, then paint the dash over with SEM Classic Coat Leather & Vinyl Flexible Coating (# 17263 for Classy Grey which is the stock dark grey). There are other ways to fill the holes but if you want the stock color to blend over the repaired holes then this is the way to go. Im not aware of a better method.

Last edited:

559sixthgen

The dashboard is wrapped in vinyl so the best thing to do it buy a leather/vinyl repair kit to fill the holes, then paint the dash over with SEM Classic Coat Leather & Vinyl Flexible Coating (# 17263 for Classy Grey which is the stock dark grey). There are other ways to fill the holes but if you want the stock color to blend over the repaied holes then this is the way to go. Im not aware of a better method.
thank you