dash lights wont turn on

red98civic

So after I installed fog lights in my 98 civic I noticed that evening that my dash lights and ac lights wouldn't turn on. Now I pulled the dimmer switch out and replaced it checked the fuses and even replaced them and took the fogs off and nothing has worked. Now note when plugging them into the fuse box the first time I accidentally plugged them into the wrong option slot and upon further review realized that it was an option slot going to my dash lights... do you think that could've done something? I'm running out of ideas and batteries for my flashlight for my night driving please help. Thanks

scarhead92

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
im going to assume your car is a six gen but more details would help. remove the dimmer switch and jump the red wire to the black wire and then turn your lights on. if that doesnt work recheck fuses under the dash? how are you testing them? did they all check out good?

Scizdott

JAMAICAN TUNER Magazine
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
im going to assume your car is a six gen but more details would help. remove the dimmer switch and jump the red wire to the black wire and then turn your lights on. if that doesnt work recheck fuses under the dash? how are you testing them? did they all check out good?
Indeed. I had dead dash lights after swapping clusters and it turned out to be a fuse.

6thGenFtw

5+ Year Member
did you check the fuse box in the engine bay?

scarhead92

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
did you maybe remove anything electrical under the dash harness recently like maybe removing an alarm?