Dashboard lights not working

aponce

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hi everyone,

I am just getting back into Hondas and I am having one issue that I need some guidance on where to look maybe some resources to us or if anyone has had a similar issue.

My dash board lights do not work along with speedometer has not light except seat belt and cruise control lights come on the rest do not. I have changed the fuse as it was blown I also check all other fuses they test good but changed most to be safe but still have the issue. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

aponce

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I do not have a user manual, I will look for one.

contact148

Hi everyone,

I am just getting back into Hondas and I am having one issue that I need some guidance on where to look maybe some resources to us or if anyone has had a similar issue.

My dash board lights do not work along with speedometer has not light except seat belt and cruise control lights come on the rest do not. I have changed the fuse as it was blown I also check all other fuses they test good but changed most to be safe but still have the issue. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
have you touched anything like the fuse box or the wire harness? any water leaking into car? why did the fuse blow did you do anything to cause that?

could just be dead bulbs.... easy test would be pull cluster and take known good bulb and move it if it lights up its bad bulbs

nd4sped

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Sounds like blown bulbs. You can replace them individually and is quite easy to do. All you you need a phillips head screwdriver and 10mm socket+extension and rachet.

aponce

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
have you touched anything like the fuse box or the wire harness? any water leaking into car? why did the fuse blow did you do anything to cause that?

could just be dead bulbs.... easy test would be pull cluster and take known good bulb and move it if it lights up its bad bulbs
I didn't touch any on the harnes I bought the car like that, I just the checked the fuses first to see if any were blown and it was blown so I changed but only gas light, cruise control and seat belt light comes on other lights flash when I'm barely turning on the car but then go off. I have replaced all the bulbs and still same problem. None of the dash lights come on at night.

nd4sped

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
I didn't touch any on the harnes I bought the car like that, I just the checked the fuses first to see if any were blown and it was blown so I changed but only gas light, cruise control and seat belt light comes on other lights flash when I'm barely turning on the car but then go off. I have replaced all the bulbs and still same problem. None of the dash lights come on at night.
Sounds electrical then, perhaps the contact points in your cluster have gotten corrosive and creating resistance. This would cause your lights to be dim. Replace the cluster or the electrical panel on back of the cluster if you are up for the task.