Decal removal...

bluedeception87

Clueless
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I stuck on a couple of AEM decals to my car windows last year. Now, I wanna remove them from my car. What's the best way to remove those decals without damaging my windows and without leaving any "decal residue" on my windows? Thanks.

nightkids1

Old School Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you can remove the decal by buying something called "Glue Gone" and putting that around the decal and then pulling it off slowly and then wiping off the residue with more of it. It works really good.

Jay Jay

Administrator
Staff member
Premium
i had AEM decals on my car as well and I removed them by using a hairdryer to heat them up, then slowly peal them off.

bluedeception87

Clueless
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Where can I get this "Glue Gone" product?

And are hair dryers actually hot enough to help remove the decals?

SickCiViC

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
goo gone is gross and messy. use the hair dryer if ya got one, then use some wd40, brake cleaner, or alcohol to get the residue off, if ANY. :thumbs up:

nightkids1

Old School Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well try using tar remover also, most car places have it, and its paint safe, works good, and its not messy if you use it sparing.

bluedeception87

Clueless
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
WD40? Tar remover? Charcoal lighter?....they all sound messy and flammable! I don't want my car to blow up! HaHa! Anyways, thanks for the ideas guys!

knockoff

you can call me ABE
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i used the hair dryer to take the pink :oops: "scheme" off my 89 hatchie, it worked fine.

i guess i could have left the pink scheme on, maybe it would have picked up chicks............ probably not :thumbs up:

EG6

Ricky@WhipFactory.com
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i would NEVER put chemicals like glue gone, or lighter fluid or gas or any of that crap on my paint.

The safest way is with a heat gun, or a hair dryer.

M706

somethingmorethannothing
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
use a razor blade...a brand new one preferably....

SickCiViC

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
no no no, if the decal is vinyl(which it prolly is), then just use a hair drier and peel it off. it works PERFECT! :thumbs up:

window decals r easy to take off cuz u aint gotta worry bout the paint.

bluedeception87

Clueless
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You know what? I just peeled off the decals using nothing but my fingers and they came off with ease. Hmmmm....go figure. :what:

civicjoe8

anomaly8
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Does the same method of using a hair dryer work for removing the emblems such as the "EX" emblem?