del sol horror stories ????

h22delsol

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
What does everyone think about a h22 in 94 del sol im just thinking of it because the del sol isn"t the lightest honda out there and the torque would help with the weight i also have a friend who has a ek with a 00 type r swap with jun headers and jun stage 3 cam package that car pulls hard
but in a del sol i know it wouldn"t be all that. My bestfriend also has 94 del sol vtec with a greddy bolt on and that car pulls the same times as the ek
all motor i just want somthing all motor that will pull the del sol i just want to hear horror story of this swap i know about the under steer factor i want
to drive this car everyday...

Exxel82

The Long Forgotten
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeah, the del sol is heavy, but they are still tight as hell. I'm not sure about the H22, cause I heard they break axles alot. I would probably go with a B20 Vtec. That engine kicks ass. I heard that they would work really well in a del sol.

h22delsol

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
b20 vtec

i heard that the 2.0 vtec know as crvtec is good for making tons of torque
and horespower the only thing im worried about is the realiabilty of it it doesn"t have the oil squirters under the pistons to cool them down because of the high revs i really need some thing that i can" beat on every
day and drive too work everyday

DLS TekNiQue

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
go h22...i know a chick that swapped an h22 into her 94 hatch, and she had no handling or breakin axles or any problems...so i say go h22

Si_Racer13

JDMchris>>>
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Place racing also makes H22 axels for Civics, and along with their Urethane mount kit, you will have no understeer. The axels makes it so that the weight of the engine is distributed evenly.

Civic axels:
0== ====0

Place racing axels:
0=== ===0

SyLeeDuK

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Theres a dude in my town that has a sol with a H22 swap...and that thing it slow as s**t. Just get a LS and boost the hell out of it :wink: The weight problem...shouldn't be a problem anymore after that.

13hybrid20

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
those oil squirters don't do s**t! The B16 doesn't have em you can rev those to 9000! I have an LS VTEC in a Del Sol. I have had it for over a year and when I race it I shift at 8600rpm's. Don't listen to people who talk about a motor they don't have ask somone who has one.

hotrodimports

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
actually, the B16 HAS oil squirters, the only engines that don't have them are the non-vtec b-series (b18-b20)

and yes, you can rev the B16 to 9000, but one day you will try it, and it won't do it anymore. the bottom end in the B16 is perfect for higher revs, but the cams/valvetrain are not...