Del sol: who has one?

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
This isnt a DelSol forum (which is why I moved this into the non-Civic section) so there arent many on here who own one, as a quick search would show you. @ctag owns one as a 2nd car and project. Yours looks pretty clean though.

buzzbombtom

captin sleep0
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
This isnt a DelSol forum (which is why I moved this into the non-Civic section) so there arent many on here who own one, as a quick search would show you. @ctag owns one as a 2nd car and project. Yours looks pretty clean though.
You are incorrect, this IS a civic, 5th gen to be exact. Commonly known as a civic del sol, some countries call it a crx, but here in the states we call it a civic

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
No, we do not. It is exclusively referred to as a DelSol by the vast majority even though it was marketed as a Civic DelSol, which is its official name. It is clearly different from the standard Civics. If it was truly considered a Civic then every Civic forum would have a Del Sol section, which they clearly do not to the best of my knowledge.

buzzbombtom

captin sleep0
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
this Website used to, before it was restructured.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Yep, @HeX, like you already mentioned it's also known as a Civic Del Sol.. Moving to 5th gen ;)

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
this Website used to, before it was restructured.
Ah. I wasnt aware of that. My apologies then. I still think it deserves its own section though, for what its worth.

morales_luv3521

Hex, a del sol is actually a Honda Civic Del Sol in the books! Fyi ;)

Lol why does it matter anyway? You said it yourself, its technically a Civic Del Sol! I own a Civic Del Sol SiR

Sumbitch is quick as F**k too, don't knock it. You "regular" civic owner would die to swap that D series for the B16 ;-) *not throwing shade but JS

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hex, a del sol is actually a Honda Civic Del Sol in the books! Fyi ;)

Lol why does it matter anyway? You said it yourself, its technically a Civic Del Sol! I own a Civic Del Sol SiR

Sumbitch is quick as F**k too, don't knock it. You "regular" civic owner would die to swap that D series for the B16 ;-) *not throwing shade but JS

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
Yeah, its semantics. Most people dont even know its a Civic del Sol and just call it a del Sol, which I understand with how different it is to a Civic. Dont get me wrong though. I love del Sols. I just feel they should have their own section because they have a solid following.

Anyways, Im tweaking the title to let others know this thread is a call-out.

ctag

fill it with wires!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Damn, haven't checked this here site in a minute. Exams and all that.

Thanks for the ping, @HeX :suprise:. Yeah, I own a 93 Del Sol, it's in pretty rough shape, but I'll get things ship-shape soon enough :mrgreen:

@pupo1517, got any plans for the car? I like the color and you've still got clearcoat so things look good from here!