Del Souless

curveit

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Anyone know why they discontinued the Del Sol ?

Is it a bad idea to buy one because:

1) it may be hard or expensive to get parts ?
2) They discontinued it for a reason ?

Is the engine the same as the Civics ?

spider883

Supercharged Si
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yes the engines are the same in the del sol as they are in the civics

Si_Racer13

JDMchris>>>
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
they were discontinued because they were not selling to good. They were pretty heavy for their size. The Del Sol Si came with a D16z6, like the EX and Si civic. There are plenty of aftermarket parts available to purchase. There was also a DOHC Del sol available which had the B16a3.

spider883

Supercharged Si
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
from what i saw in the last del sol si it had a B16A2 factory which as we all know came in the 99-00' civic si

Si_Racer13

JDMchris>>>
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by "spider883"

from what i saw in the last del sol si it had a B16A2 factory which as we all know came in the 99-00' civic si
The only USDM Del Sol that had a DOHC VTEC had a B16A3, the Si had a D16Z6 like the 92-95 Si/EX

spider883

Supercharged Si
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well from the one i saw with my own eyes the engine code was B16A2 and it was bought from a dealer

Tim

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

well from the one i saw with my own eyes the engine code was B16A2 and it was bought from a dealer
at that show off I-Drive right? I saw that too, and i thought it was weird because I always thought it was B16A3 too.

Si_Racer13

JDMchris>>>
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

It had to have been swapped. Was it bought brand new? It was probably traded in with the swap.

JDM B16A (SiR1)-88-91 Civic/CRX Sir
JDM B16A (Sir2)-92-95 Civic SiRII
USDM B16A2-99-00 Civic Si
USDM B16A3-94-97 Del Sol VTEC
JDM B16B-96-00 Civic Type R

spider883

Supercharged Si
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
once again 96-97' had B16A2 and the 94-95' had b16A3.. dont just take it from other sites.. research.. oh and the D17A2 is not vtec-e damnit get that in your head

Si_Racer13

JDMchris>>>
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

once again 96-97' had B16A2 and the 94-95' had b16A3.. dont just take it from other sites.. research.. oh and the D17A2 is not vtec-e damnit get that in your head
i didnt see the other post before i posted that, well i guess i was wrong. Anyways i heard it only came with the B16A3, and never read anywhere that it had a A2.

And about the D17, i never said it was VTEC-E

spider883

Supercharged Si
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the vtec-e thing was for others.. in the listings of engine codes on this site is says vtec-e if u could change that.. that woudl be great.. thanks

O.Z Chi

Team San Jose
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If the D17A2 is not a VTEC-E then the only advantage over the D16Y8 is torque and fuel economy?

imazn

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the DOHC VTEC one is pretty quick. those del sols are tiny as hell. trying to get a girl on top of you in the front seat is a pain in the ass. ;O