Did any of the 92-95 hatchbacks come with a tach?

hondafan2

5+ Year Member
Hey,

Was a factory tachometer offered in any of the trim levels for the 92-95 hatch? If not, has anyone installed an aftermarket one?

hondafan2

5+ Year Member
That's what I thought too but I've never seen a CX, DX or VX with one. Can one be added without too much trouble?

ryanM

hondafan2 said:
That's what I thought too but I've never seen a CX, DX or VX with one. Can one be added without too much trouble?
6th gen clusters are all interchangeable, just plug and play. im gonna go out on a limb here and say that 5th gen is probably the same, so yes. you should be able to get a cluster out of an si/ex and swap it right in without any trouble.

kyle10182

NA is Best
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
The VX and Si were the only hatchbacks to come with 2 mirrors and a tachometer as standard equipment.

JL

Doodoo Brown Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yes, plug and play. Si and SiR's.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ya, vx, si and ex have tachs.
the vx has s hift indicator for fuel economy.
redlines are different also..
chris

kyle10182

NA is Best
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
kyle10182 said:
The VX and Si were the only hatchbacks to come with 2 mirrors and a tachometer as standard equipment.
and to be clear. like that other guy said. plug-n-play. u can put these guage clusters in any 92-95 civic and they work perfectly with a tach without any modification. its amazing really. while your at it, get the clock also...

b16bang

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
meh, i say while ur at it go with a GSR cluster swap. Its about 45min more work (well more like 30min) but it looks WAY better IMO...and if u go GSR cluster even go and do the amber/red conversion.

92CivicCX

5+ Year Member
I installed a cluster from an LX in my 92 CX. Just like they said "plug and play." It took about 15-20 minutes. The wires for everything are there, just plugged into dummy slots on the original. Everything works great. Only complaint is that where my idiot shift light used to be (I thought I was getting rid of it) there's a cruise control light, and it comes on when the shift light would have come on. I might get around to taking the cluster back out and unplugging the bulb, but just kinda irritating in the meantime. Oh, and you can usually find used gauge clusters with tachs on ebay. I think I picked mine up for about $60.

Was a factory tachometer offered in any of the trim levels for the 92-95 hatch? If not, has anyone installed an aftermarket one?[/QUOTE]

JDM B20 EG6

5+ Year Member
b16bang you said a gsr cluster. do you have anything on this or know of posts or stickys. havent searched just askin. do you have a pick of what it looks like too?