did I get jacked? *part 2* (56k warning)

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Stripped interors, even partial jobs, are annoying to drive imo. Way too much noise for one.

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hollywood4689 said:
were did you buy the red dye from
?
its called "rit dye", bought it from joannes fabric.

Ian01ex

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I think you should have left the floor mats dark but then do the back seat. I think it would look too busy with all that imho.

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
its just like the CTR, but the CTR has even more with red carpet on top of that... so Idk why everyone is hating when its so "jdm" :roll:

Ian01ex

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
No hating here, I'm not a JDM guy. I just go by what I think I would like. Just gave you my opinion. The red and black scheme looks great I just said I would have left the carpets un-died. Looks good either way.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
sk8shorty017 said:
its just like the CTR, but the CTR has even more with red carpet on top of that... so Idk why everyone is hating when its so "jdm" :roll:
Just because someone doesn't like it doesn't mean they're hating.

Anyway, I don't lean particuarlly toward JDM or anything. I like all kinds of stuff, JDM or not. JDM just seems to me like "more OEM accessories" for the most part, only more expensive than if they were from the US. =) Just like I don't want/like some USDM OEM "accessories" (by that I just mean how different things come on different cars... like the e-brake armrest or the normal e-brake surround for example), I don't like some JDM/EDM/AUDM/etc parts either.

nitebeest

5+ Year Member
I'd go with hollywood on this one and say dye the interiors of the seats (where people sit) red and then do the middle seat and the sides of the main seat parts black.

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
thanks for the opinions everyone, haha "hating" is me trying to be black. But I understand what you mean, I was being kinda sarcastic about the mad jdm y0 remark. Anyways, Im probably just going to leave the back seats stock, it looks pretty good as is, imo. Also, I had to dye the floormats SOME color, since they came as a light light tan, the only reason I got them that color was because they were mad cheap.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
sk8shorty017 said:
thanks for the opinions everyone, haha "hating" is me trying to be black. But I understand what you mean, I was being kinda sarcastic about the mad jdm y0 remark. Anyways, Im probably just going to leave the back seats stock, it looks pretty good as is, imo. Also, I had to dye the floormats SOME color, since they came as a light light tan, the only reason I got them that color was because they were mad cheap.
I figured. The term "hating" seems to get thrown around a lot though. :lol:

I'm sure dying the seats would be more difficult than the mats too. If you do decide to do it, see if you can get a sample of the cloth used on your seats. Then you can lay it across to see how it would come out and how it would look in your car. =)

I hate that that smilie doens't work anymore...

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
NOFX said:
I figured. The term "hating" seems to get thrown around a lot though. :lol:

I'm sure dying the seats would be more difficult than the mats too. If you do decide to do it, see if you can get a sample of the cloth used on your seats. Then you can lay it across to see how it would come out and how it would look in your car. =)

I hate that that smilie doens't work anymore...
yeah, ill just leave the interior, im not going to mess with the back seats at all, but thanks =) PWNED... :lol:

rexxxgirl

i want a new hatch!!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
if you did the back seats the same as the front, it would at least kind of match. there's too much going on in there, imo. I think that the mats are kind of ugly. maybe if they matches either the seats.... or the carpet, I wouldl ike them better, but they just add to the chaos, so w/ the back seat, not really matching... I dunno. your car dude.

sonicvybe

sonicvybe
5+ Year Member
dunno why im back on clubcivic..just lookin for ideas i guess lol..its been a while...but i would say...too much red will kill the effect...i gaurantee you....keep a balance between red and black...and if at all possible try to get those seats to match the red of the floor mats....if anything else..i wud dye the floor carpet jet black...to make it higher contrast...but that takes a bit more skill with color coordination of other parts...higher contrast -= less room for artistic error...peace i think this may be the last CC post i make lol...im on CI now. just got my dc2. peec