dipped beam bulb replacement 4th gen civic

nick777

Hello all
I'm trying to replace and fit the dipped headlight bulb on my 4th gen civic 1991 (offside). I am not sure how to remove the bulb after I managed to unhook the connector. I am having great difficulty finding the info on the internet. All help would be greatly appreciated thanks, Nick.

ctag

fill it with wires!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hi nick777,

I'm not as familiar with 4th gens, can you share a picture?

On my 5th gen the headlight bulb -- once the connector is off -- has a big rubber cover that you just gently pry off (it's only held on by a lip) and then there is a weird wire clip that holds the bulb in. The clip has a flat piece (looks like a paperclip) that you press on and lift up (or down, I don't recall) to unhinge it, then the headlight bulb comes free.

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Many Hondas' use this style of bulb mount, 90-01 Integra, 90-02 Accord and 88-91 Civic/Crx.

https://www.crxcommunity.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=51510

This is a pic of a 98-02 Accord headlight, but it uses the same style of mount for the bulb.

Twist the ring to release the base of the bulb so it pulls out.

Hi nick777,
On my 5th gen the headlight bulb -- once the connector is off -- has a big rubber cover that you just gently pry off (it's only held on by a lip) and then there is a weird wire clip that holds the bulb in. The clip has a flat piece (looks like a paperclip) that you press on and lift up (or down, I don't recall) to unhinge it, then the headlight bulb comes free.
4th gens use a different bulb and have a different set up than the 5th gen Civic.

Last edited: