DIY: 96-98 Civic foglight bulb change

sarquez

5+ Year Member
Hello everyone.

I know that this might be VERY SIMPLE to most of you, but some people that are not used to doing themselves might find it very useful.

By the way, 96-98 FOGLIGHTS on a Civic usually use the H3 bulbs.

So here we have the original look from the fog light:

What I have done is changed the original crystal bulb to a new Yellow 2800K look, as show below:

I did mine before installing the fogs on the front bumper, but if you have them already in you can remove your bumper easily (careful not to pull any wires), for more on removing a front bumper please search this forum, I'm sure that you will find the right way to do it. By the way, be safe make sure you have disconnected you battery before doing it so!

First remove the four screws located on the rear cap of the fog light:

You'll get a view like the one below, you will have a single connector running from the lamp to the fog light, unplug that plug (do not pull by the wire... Guess what is going to happen if you do it so):

Now you will see a metal holding the bulb into place, on the end of this metal (curved part), push it down with your thumb and pull it to the side slowly, you will release the bulb:

Now that you have released the bulb, carefully pull the bulb out by its wire, DO NOT touch the bulb with your fingers... They might get damaged.

Replace the old bulb with a new one (you can use halogen or xenon depending of your state laws).

With the bulb in place, push the metal part again to its holding position, and be careful not to jam it with the bulb wire.

Plug the bulb and place all wires safely inside the fog light casing:

When putting the screws back on the protection cap, you do not have to force them so much, there is a rubber line protecting this fog lights from water and weather.

Well after finishing this is the result:

Hope this helps!

See ya.