DIY: ASR and ITR Sway Bar Installation 6th Generation Civic

wannabe

law abiding smog tech
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
excelent writeup. i plan on stepping up to the itr bar from my si bar in the near future.

slammed98hatch

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
So you can or can't use a lower tie bar with the ASR and sway bar combo??

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
you could if you really wanted to but it would be really pointless since the subframe brace does the exact same thing.

wannabe

law abiding smog tech
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
so i just went over this again and im still a little fuzzy about the LCA's.

even if you are NOT replacing the LCA's, you MUST remove the bolt holding the LCA to the subframe? correct?

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
wannabe said:
so i just went over this again and im still a little fuzzy about the LCA's.

even if you are NOT replacing the LCA's, you MUST remove the bolt holding the LCA to the subframe? correct?
correct

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
anyone have this combo with the RSR Exmag? I am installing mine and the sway bar bushings are hitting the back of my exhaust.

RHennin

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I'm having a problem with my D brackets. They arent slotted (or "universal") and the bolt holes are not even close to lining up with the bolt holes on the asr brace. The bottom hole on the D bracket is about 1/2 to 3/4" short when it is bolted to the top hole. Where can I get a new bracket that I can use? Any advice is appreciated.

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
what brackets do u have? get the universal energy suspension ones.

RHennin

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I got the D brackets that come with the 22mm Blox rear sway. The endlinks look fine and everything and they came from blox as well. I was pretty pissed though, to find out after my whole sheared lca bolt fiasco last weekend that the freakin bracket isnt the right one. Unfortunately, I assumed that the blox bracket would be similar and/or almost exactly the same as other ones that come with say the ctr or itr sway. Any place you guys know of that I could be em from online for a decent price? I really would prefer to only buy the D brackets cuz the bushings are fine and everything.

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
RHennin said:
So you think these D brackets will work?
http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=ENS%2D16%2D5108R&N=700+4294907534+4294907533+4294924677+4294925130+4294841743+115&autoview=sku
I'm guessing that these are universal since I would be using them on the rear and not the front. If you have any pics or anything that would be helpful, although if there just the ones in your sig then I'll take your word for it.
Yep, the ones in my sig. I can almost guarantee they come with the bushings from summit, its just been so long since I ordered them.

RHennin

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Aight man, thanks for the help. I just ordered from summit and wtf though, they want 10.95 to ship the d brackets and bushings that are worth 9.00...

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
RHennin said:
Aight man, thanks for the help. I just ordered from summit and wtf though, they want 10.95 to ship the d brackets and bushings that are worth 9.00...
damn, better hope they include D brackets :lol:

Trey99EK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
wow best writeup i have seen for this. i'll keep it in mind if i ever do anything else to my civic.