DIY Rear camber fix aka washer trick

edhgreatone

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well i guess i'll just use two for now and i am going to do it today and i'll let you know how it goes...

edhgreatone

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
damnit!!!.... i was doing the washer trick i did the first one fine.... i did have a lot of trouble trying to losen the bolts but other then that it was easy.... then on the next side i did the first screw fine with the washers and the second one came out and then i tried to screw in the last bolt and it somehow tore the thread of the screw and stripped it.... so now i have to get a ride to go back to home depot to get a new bolt... but other then that it has been easy and some what fun to do

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
put it in the how tos.

Shuyin

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Washer Trick

I've heard about this trick and I'm all for it (I want to do this too) but I wonder how this changes the loading (if any) on the upper arm.
Will it cause flexing during cornering and cause more stress on the mounting point?

UnitZero

First Child
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
I've done this on my 00 civic and its been fine after 6 months now. And I do alot of hard cornering and its all good.

"Shuyin....X-2 kicks ass"

JCV2000

Dirty South Side
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Done on my 00 SI, everythings fine and the camber is fixed. Good trick!

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
will a mod please move this thread to the DIY section... it took me soo long to find this thread.

ikillradio

How many washers should you put with TEIN S TECHS 1.9 F 1.7 Rear, i'm thinking 2 per each bolt. I am going to get an alignment but I don't want to get one do the trick and end up having to get another one.

gabebauman

Sk8aholic
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ikillradio said:
How many washers should you put with TEIN S TECHS 1.9 F 1.7 Rear, i'm thinking 2 per each bolt. I am going to get an alignment but I don't want to get one do the trick and end up having to get another one.
Yeah, you'll probably only need two per bolt.

EBPimpSi

CCCC member #76
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
how long of a bolt should i use when using 3 washers on each bolt?

denracho

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
mines was 4-5 washer per side. my camber was way off. but now it's fixed.

Rubixcu7

Not Fittin In...
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
gonna test thia baby out in a couple weeks... hpe it works... which it shouold

EBPimpSi

CCCC member #76
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
one more question.....should the new bolts be torque? if so how much?

zzzpoohzzz

quitter
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
are there any downsides to this trick... like could it mess up anything?

Heyits750

Top Noobie
5+ Year Member
i put 2 10 mm washrs on each bolt n my camber is still off.. im sitting at -1.3 degrees still... how many washers do u think i should add on to the 2 i ahve already on?? n ill prob. need some long ass bolts.... is there ever a time when u cant put too many washers on??? i have a kyb shock n H&R sport setup..

rhintaift

Rear camber fix aka washer trick

Yesterday I had two tires mounted and went to put them back on the bike.... Front was no problem but I am not sure about the orientation of the rear wheel spacers. I know what side each goes on just not the direction each faces. Help?