DIY: Removing Fender

Leechmonger

Car: Honda Civic 2005 Dx Coupe

Part: Passenger Fender

Tools: 10mm

Jack (Optional) You will need the jack to remove the screw under the car, I lowered my car 1 inch and I still got to the screw without the jack though.

Flathead screwdriver(Optional) You need the flat head to remove the black pins to move the bumper out of the way, but the edge of the 10mm worked fine.

Screw Driver

Time Required: 10 mins

1. Look under your car towards the edge of the fender and you will see one 10mm screw. twist counter-clockwise to remove the screw.

2. Pop the hood and look towards the edge the engine bay, on top you'll see two 10 mm screws, remove these.

3. Take the flat head and insert it into the space provided and lift it on one side then the next to remove the two black pins. Next use the fillips screws driver to remove the screw under the edge of the bumper that connects it to the fender ( There are actually four but you don't have to remove the other two unless your taking off the whole bumper.)

4. Move the fender down and you should see two 10mm screws connected to the headlight. These are very easy to remove.

5. Last screw, Open the door and look between the door and the car. The screw is easily accessible and easy to remove. After these the bumper should fall right off.

Once its off all you have to do is get another or do what ever you wanted to do with it off. To put it back on there really is no wrong way to. Personally I would complete the top though, only so I wouldn't have to hold it.

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Nice write up. Im going to post the link to this in the sticky thread up top.

NIKE H34D

Slow and Loving It
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I have always wanted to know how to remove a fender :lol: jp but a good write up, simple things help a lot of people.