Do I really not have an oxygen sensor??

RonJ

Banned
The VIN comes back as a CX, which had the D15B8. I assume its wiring harness as the same as the D15Z1?
The D15Z1 uses a 7-wire LAF sensor, which is the plug you have, whereas the D15B8 uses a 1-wire (edited) O2 sensor. They're different. You seem to have some sort of Frankenstein's monster of a vehicle.

So to sum up, I'm not running an oxygen sensor due to incompatible wiring, but I should be running one because if I do, my mileage may get better or worse
NO. Your gas mileage will get better, your plugs won't get fouled, and your engine won't get clogged with carbon from running rich.

Hmm. This fruit is not hanging quite as low as I'd estimated, nor is it quite as ripe as it initially seemed. What else am I missing by having the wrong harness? Will a "standard" sensor fit in that hole, or do I need a new manifold too? Do I need a new manifold anyway?
Is there a bung hole in your exhaust manifold? Post clear pictures.

serversurfer

join honda-tech marketplace and buy one for 50 bucks
Would that be preferable to getting one at the junkyard? Pick-n-Pull list a "Wire Harness No Acc (Lrg)" for $35. Is that what I'm looking for, or would it be something else? Would I be waiting months for the correct harness to appear in the yard?

You seem to have some sort of Frankenstein's monster of a vehicle.
lol Well, that doesn't surprise me at all. So is it harness 12 from the linked diagram that I need? Do I need any others?

NO. Your gas mileage will get better, your plugs won't get fouled, and your engine won't get clogged with carbon from running rich.
Important, not terribly expensive, and will save me money in the long run. Gotcha.

Is there a bung hole in your exhaust manifold? Post clear pictures.
I was thinking it went in the plugged hole on the starboard side of the manual, not the protrusion fore.

RonJ

Banned
Edit:

I think you have the header for a D15B7, which like the D16Z6, has the 4-wire O2 sensor.

RonJ

Banned
At the link you posted, I don't see the engine wire harness. #12 is the driver's side engine compartment wire harness, and #1 is the passenger side main wire harness. The engine wire harness is centrally located and has all the sensor connectors. Check eBay and FS threads on Civic forums.

Blood_Shot

Banned
Registered VIP
I dont want to say this but the diagrams may confuse him

the engine harness, injectors, o2 sensor, dizzy alternator, TPS, coolant temp sensor, in your case should have a vtec plug

that one harness has all those plugs and you need one from a obd1 car (with vtec) and I might be forgetting a plug but you hopefully get the idea

serversurfer

The diagrams are actually really helpful. I figured they were from the Helm's, but Ron's scans always have the page numbers cut off, so I don't know where to find them in the overall book. I can't search my PDF of the manual, so it can be difficult to find specific information, especially when I have little idea of what I'm looking for.

RonJ

Banned
Those two diagrams are from the 92-95 Civic service manual that you can download.

You'll find them in Electrical chapter 23, pages 23-16 and 23-17.

RonJ

Banned
I can't search my PDF of the manual, so it can be difficult to find specific information, especially when I have little idea of what I'm looking for.
Look around more at the manual download sites. There is a searchable version of the 92-95 Civic manual out there because I have one.

RonJ

Banned
Please re-read my post #24 as I have corrected information about the header. I think you actually may have a D15b7 engine header, which adds to the Frankenstein set up.

Here are some exhaust system diagrams (starting on page 9-4 of service manual) you may find useful:

serversurfer

Those two diagrams are from the 92-95 Civic service manual that you can download.

You'll find them in Electrical chapter 23, pages 23-16 and 23-17.
Look around more at the manual download sites. There is a searchable version of the 92-95 Civic manual out there because I have one.
Interesting. My copy of the Helm's doesn't show that on 23-16/23-17. It shows something similar on 23-20, but it doesn't show the connecters.

My copy has the '92 model split in to two PDFs, and there are addendum PDFs for years 93-95, with additional PDFs for the '94 Coupe and the SRS. One nice thing about it is that it has a Table of Contents in the PDFs themselves which take you to the manual's heading for each section, which in turn is hyperlinked. It makes it relatively painless to navigate, assuming I know what I'm looking for. Unfortunately, since it's just scans of the pages with no OCR pass, I can't search for all occurrences of "harness" or whatever. I also can't remember where I got it. Linked here, or possibly H-T, I would imagine.

Anyway, I tried your links, and sure enough, it had the "nice" diagram right there on 23-17 of the copy I got from hondatech.info. I wonder what else is different about my copy. I wasn't able to search that version either though, and the page at spoonertuner.com is 404 now, though I know it was working fairly recently.

RonJ

Banned
When you figure out where you found your manual, post the link. I'd like to see what you have.

serversurfer

Actually, I'd already put it on my DropBox for a buddy. You can find it here.

Man, your wiring diagrams are much easier to read than mine. lol

RonJ

Banned
I downloaded your manual. It's targeted for European and non-European (non-USDM) Civics. Don't use it. Use the USDM manual I directed you to.

(You'll notice that I have been labeled a VIP Member and you have not. I'll gladly give you my VIP status as I dislike the label. This is a new thing at Club Civic. I hope it goes away soon.)

serversurfer

lol Well, I don't know if that's transferrable, but I'm certainly no VIP. I'm actually a bit surprised I'm not sporting a shiny Noob badge.

RonJ

Banned
lol Well, I don't know if that's transferrable, but I'm certainly no VIP. I'm actually a bit surprised I'm not sporting a shiny Noob badge.
I'd label you as an up and coming member. And if you fingernails are an indication of gender, this and other Honda sites are in desperate need of female representation. So stay involved.

95CTR

52mpg? I do it all day.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
RonJ: kinda off topic but do you know were to find either one or both of the manuals for the 94-01 LS/ and GSR integras, just curious as thoes are my most prbable swaps at the moment.

and also read in one of your other posts about the CX having a 2wire O2, mines a true 95 CX and i have a 1 wire O2 (deleted) any idea what that could be about?

I'd label you as an up and coming member. And if you fingernails are an indication of gender, this and other Honda sites are in desperate need of female representation. So stay involved.

x10 on the girls with hondas driving/working on them, my wife wants a EX coupe to make a his and hers car. and she said she wants to be the one to do the work on it so i was thumbs up about it