Do rear seats fold down in 5th gen hb?

MorphiasX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I am going to be getting a 95 dx hb soon, and was wondering if the rear seats fold, or come out? Also where are the speaker mounts for the rear speakers?

knockoff

you can call me ABE
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
rear seats fold down.. and my speakers were on the cargo cover

Bangin' HB

surfing member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yes, rear seats fold. they dont come out by a latch like a truck if thats what you mean. and rear speakers should be next to the back seat. if you were sitting in back, they would be around your elbows. but i have a 92, so no speakers for me.

Je

the white hatch
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
its ugly to put da back sets down, they dont lie flat

x0supermonkey0x

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
they fold but its at an angle .... i was about to build a speaker box ontop but that meant making a lot of mods and removing the seats..... but it does fold down....

Je

the white hatch
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeah i would ride around with them down if it wasnt so damn ugly.

MorphiasX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
nah, im not planning on riding around with them down.... its just i think thats the only way i can fit my drumset in there... cuz i like to haul my drums to my band members houses when we jam... i can fit my whole set in my mom's 03 civic hybrid but its a tight fit.... so i think i can fit in a hatchie, but id have to use the passenger seat for stuff too...

knockoff

you can call me ABE
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i drive around with my seats down all the time... its the only way... and i am too lazy to put them back up to0...

Bangin' HB

surfing member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you would be amazed at what the hatch could swallow up. my hatch replaced a blazer, but it still gets used like the blazer. ive hauled 8ft tables around, and my most recent feat, i hauled a new, and friggin huge (we had a hard time just lifting the box into the hatch with 2 people) bbq in the hatch from the store to the house. this box was so big my parents were gonna call their friend with a pick-up to help them, but i said lemme try, and the beast of a hatch swallowed that thing up.

Je

the white hatch
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hahah true, when me and shiznit went to go get our kits put on i fit my whole 4 piece BC in my hatch and part of his kit. Thats crazy!! You'll be suprised. Just another reson hatchbacks own u all!

ahbongkadah

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
but i have a 92, so no speakers for me.
hey bangin' i have a 92 also... but mine has the rear speakers.. and my car is even a cx. I think it was an option on most 92-95 hatches

MorphiasX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yeah, I think it was an option, because mine doesnt have them, and I called the crutchfield help line to see if they knew if it was possible to put the speakers in even if they arent there at stock. He said that I need to pull my panel and see if i have the stock brackets, and if i dont i need to somehow get them, either from honda(which would be expensive most likely) or from a junkyard. He said if i get the brackets then thats all i need, but i would have to cut the holes in the panel and use the grills that come with the speakers, or it would be easier to take the panel w/stock grill from a car in the junkyard. Im gonna pull my panel and see what i havta do as soon as i pick up my car... haha im soooo anciously waiting... I havta wait for the money from an account to come in, then we can go up and pick my hatch up... we put a down on it, so the people are holding it till the money from the account comes in... and i already ordered my stuff from crutchfield, hehe i think its gonna be in b4 i pick up my hatch... :headbang:

Sound Streamin'

Boost or Die
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The guy who I bought my hatch from had bought the brackets from Honda but never put them in. They probably arn't cheap seeing as how they arn't just simple pieces of plastic.