Do you think ROTM should be started back up? Vote :-)

Do you believe ROTM should be started back up?

• Total voters

086head

Registered VIP
As said in title do you CC members think we should start ROTM back up? Personaly I think its fun and would boost page activity :lol: Vote it up people! More people make a voice of interest in it I believe it will be started back up.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It has been tried and tried.

Its a great idea in theory except there is a lack of high quality builds and it ends up being like 5 stock ish civics and one nice car and thats y it dies out so fast.

If we had more members that posted regularly that had "nice" cars then it would work better...

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It has been tried and tried.

Its a great idea in theory except there is a lack of high quality builds and it ends up being like 5 stock ish civics and one nice car and thats y it dies out so fast.

If we had more members that posted regularly that had "nice" cars then it would work better...
Exactly, there are hardly any build threads on this site anymore.

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
To throw in a moderator's 2 cents...

This is a topic that fairly frequently comes up in the mod lounge. We've tried to revive it over and over again, but we always end up with situations like Chris described (Mymmeryloss). We just don't get enough entries.

That said, we HAVE done featured ride in the past with moderate success (no longer monthly), and we are considering bringing that back.

AlaskaB16

DOING WORK!
Registered VIP
So my question is why do the cars being submitted have to be "show quality"? If we're the ones voting, why shouldn't the best one's of the bunch be good enough for that month? So this forum doesn't have magazine cover cars being posted daily like some other do. So what? That might inspire more to keep up with builds or stop jumping ship to show off their rides else where :what: My take, do it and F*@& the haters :thumbs up

... BTW, none of my rides are worthy so I wouldn't be posting them. However, I do plan on having a "worthy" ride this summer and this is the ONLY forum I post photos in just so everyone knows how I roll.

EDIT: Maybe instead of ROTM, it could be your best Honda photo of the month? Then people could submit photos of anything Honda that they personally took. Cool motor shots, garage shots, bay shots, or your personal ride?? That makes it a little more fun for everyone. Then even I can join in :thumbs up

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'll enter mine! I actually have my motor done :lol: But I'm still on fake wheels :oops:

I think there are a few decent builds on here. It's worth a try?

stcopley

Trollin in the Deep
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Why dont you do it like every 3 months? 4 times. Its gives time for more change in entries, new people, and less entries would be required each year because there are only 4 winners per year.

civicfan111

Fujiwara's Tofu Shop
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I like the idea of it being quarterly. monthly is too much until the amount of builds here pick up.

EJackBauer8

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I vote for quaterly! And if your ride already won one year, you'll have to wait until next year.

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Joe hit it on the head. Ride of the month won't happen again unless things change around here. Featured ride will be back. It's been discussed.

It is easy to say "we want ride of the month". It's another thing to execute it. Easier said than done.

I looked back through the old featured ride archives. It's always the same thing. Push and push to get people to submit rides, then push and push to get them to vote. The last 3 haven't showed much interest and there was more active "contributing" members during that time.

Last edited:

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
^^ haha
I'd surely enter again with my civic now

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Are u trying to say i dont contribute

:popcorn:

:rolf:
:lol:

The ratio to guys that helped compared to those that just ask the same old questions and then leave was a lot higher.

The mods had to pull teeth to get people to vote. The vote tally was pretty small. So was the amount of cars submitted and we had more activity back then...

Ant408

Cruising In My Ej8
Registered VIP
So my question is why do the cars being submitted have to be "show quality"? If we're the ones voting, why shouldn't the best one's of the bunch be good enough for that month? So this forum doesn't have magazine cover cars being posted daily like some other do. So what? That might inspire more to keep up with builds or stop jumping ship to show off their rides else where :what: My take, do it and F*@& the haters :thumbs up

... BTW, none of my rides are worthy so I wouldn't be posting them. However, I do plan on having a "worthy" ride this summer and this is the ONLY forum I post photos in just so everyone knows how I roll.

EDIT: Maybe instead of ROTM, it could be your best Honda photo of the month? Then people could submit photos of anything Honda that they personally took. Cool motor shots, garage shots, bay shots, or your personal ride?? That makes it a little more fun for everyone. Then even I can join in :thumbs up
:like:

civicfan111

Fujiwara's Tofu Shop
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I wouldn't enter. My civic has many things it needs before I'm happy with it.