does anyone know where this goes?

99civic/si

5+ Year Member
Fuel Management > CommandFlo Fuel Pressure Modifier its from b&m any info would be great thanx

catsman72

5+ Year Member
99civic/si said:
Fuel Management > CommandFlo Fuel Pressure Modifier its from b&m any info would be great thanx
pix

99civic/si

5+ Year Member
oc_civic said:
gotta cut the stock reg in half..

if you are using a bigger pump let me know because there is more to it..

make sure you have a fuel preasure gauge BEFORE you start..

http://www.roadraceengineering.com/instructions/bm-fprinstructions.htm

hope that helps.. pretty straight foward..
nope i am running a stk pump, but i am running traight flow exhaust and obd1 chipped and my car is running rich and it wants to flood its self on a cold start all the time and i have to keep on the gas unless i start to drive it than it goes back to normal, its messed up lol. Oh ya some guy told me to adjust it with a a/f guage is that wrong???

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
99civic/si said:
nope i am running a stk pump, but i am running traight flow exhaust and obd1 chipped and my car is running rich and it wants to flood its self on a cold start all the time and i have to keep on the gas unless i start to drive it than it goes back to normal, its messed up lol. Oh ya some guy told me to adjust it with a a/f guage is that wrong???
this is not the solution to your problem.. will explain in about an hour..

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
99civic/si said:
first of all.. any typical air fuel gauge is useless.. the only way you could correctly adjust the fuel preasure is in relation to a wideband O2 sensor or POSSIBLY an egt.. to do this on your own would probably be a slightly difficult task.. there are a lot of ways to manipulate fueling.. there is an adjustable fuel preasure regulator (like you purchased).. the way this works is it makes ONE broad adjustment.. this is an ok method if you are rich or lean through the whole rpm range/ through all throttle positions.. this will NOT work well if you are leaning out or running rich in any given area, because when you compensate there you will then change it at another end thus just moving the problem... if it is a given throttle position or a given rpm range you might need to look into a full fuel management system or a piggy back system like a vafc... this would allow you to fine tune the fueling to your given needs.. these options are all good resolutions for an engine in need of fine tuning based on need, as in running a larger pump or larger injectors.. this is NOT a good resolution for fixing issues caused by malfunctioning sensors (such as O2 sensor for example)

so what you need to do it..
figure out why you are running rich
determine if the car SHOULD be running rich (might be that ECU MIGHT be a bad O2 sensor)
then determine the best course of action if its a bad sensor dont try to use a fuel preasure regulator as a band aid.. just fix it.. if its something that requires tuning then address that correctly.. either on the street with a wide band or on a dyno etc...