dont be cheap lower your car the right way

Elton

haha ya sleeve kits blow big time cool if you dont drive your car .... i bought the car this way and it sucked soo bad one of the rear shocks was totally blown other was on its way... i went with a eibach pro kit and shocks for 400 bucks it was well worth it ...

yes them are factory shocks and im sure that the sleeve is upside down too

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Suspension is one thing not to go cheap on. You definitely get what you pay for.

Elton

ya adjustable are nice but for a daily driver and a 450 dollar budget

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Tires, suspension, and safety equipment are 3 things never to go cheap on.

yea dont cheap out i did and i regreted it
Bought cheap stuff or cut the springs?

rayaccord101

Registered VIP
Tires, suspension, and safety equipment are 3 things never to go cheap on.

Bought cheap stuff or cut the springs?
well bought tein s techs and regreted spending the money on such a small drop. shoulda just kept my money and bought coilovers.

Elton

put a few hundred miles on it and its a joy to drive now dont have to go in all sideways and scrap all over everything

emerica42

5+ Year Member
if you drop your s*** on stock struts they will blow faster than a 5 cent whore. Spend the "extra" dough and get a strut/spring combo. i got a set of tokico blues with springs for 360 shipped after a coupon deal. i don't regret it, i sit low as s*** but still feel like i'm floating. when it comes to lowering your car do it right...

it sits great, rides well, and doesn't involve a spring comressor for the tophats to properly be put on the struts. overall a great way to lower your car...

Civic Virtue

Looks like the same set up I had when I purchased the car...ricer bounce much? That had to be the worst riding suspension I ever had...

civexspeedy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
That's why I'm saving up for some brand new Tein coilovers. :P
You'll be saving money just to waste it.. Tein coilovers are decent, but there is much better out there for the same price or less. Check out the sticky in the suspension forum.

Blood_Shot

Banned
Registered VIP
if you drop your s*** on stock struts they will blow faster than a 5 cent whore. Spend the "extra" dough and get a strut/spring combo. i got a set of tokico blues with springs for 360 shipped after a coupon deal. i don't regret it, i sit low as s*** but still feel like i'm floating. when it comes to lowering your car do it right...

it sits great, rides well, and doesn't involve a spring comressor for the tophats to properly be put on the struts. overall a great way to lower your car...
what springs do you have?

its an okay ride but not as tight as my GCs were, only upside is they arent blown like my ground controls are lol

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
That's why I'm saving up for some brand new Tein coilovers. :P
Tein are overpriced since they had a large offering of quality products here in the states before most others. Supply and demand prompted a high price tag. I'd find another company with a quality coil with the same specs as the tein's you want

THEDARKONE

Registered VIP
Tein are overpriced since they had a large offering of quality products here in the states before most others. Supply and demand prompted a high price tag. I'd find another company with a quality coil with the same specs as the tein's you want
child i been looking at your build its beond aswam the details you put! anyways if tein is over priced what do you recomend?

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
child i been looking at your build its beond aswam the details you put! anyways if tein is over priced what do you recomend?
For Tein's price, i'd have some AMR coilovers custom built, or PIC apex (<--which is cheaper than the Tein basics) Recommendations are hard though, because what the car is used for makes a big difference as well as the driver expectations.

emerica42

5+ Year Member
The springs on them are M2, i bought on a budget so i got a spring strut set, but the ride is awesome, i get compliments a lot from passengers. It gives a nice low ride and feels like you glide over the street, you don't feel every rock or crack in the street. I love the setup and have had it for a while... tokico makes a hell of a shock for a good price.