Door(s) Central Locking Issue

Liam Shannon

Hi All,

New to the forum and having major issues with doors locking and unlocking, both on the keyfob, with the master switch, and with the tabs on the doors. The car is a 2010 Civic 1.8 VTEC.

Keyfob will only unlock RL door. Master Switch will only unlock and lock RL door. Locking the drivers door with the key physically or by the Drivers door tab will lock both the drivers door and the RL door.

The FL door and RR doors will not unlock or lock at all. The tabs move smoothly as opposed to hitting resistance like the other two. The doors are permanently locked and nothing I do will free them.

I have checked the battery in the keyfob and replaced it in both. Unfortunately, it seems the entire central locking system is completely confused.

All of this happened in one day. Attempted to open car, couldn't, and am presented with the above issues.

Any help much appreciated as always.

Liam

Liam Shannon

Check for broken wires in the door jamb connectors.
Will take a look when it's light again tomorrow. Thanks for the reply.

Anything else that might have caused the doors to do this that you can think of? I would have been okay with one, and just assumed it was an actuator or something, but with 2 suddenly going in to a state of being permanently locked and the master switch suddenly becoming useless for all but the RL, it seems like something central, as opposed to door by door.

Weird one for sure, considering no one had driven it or, as far as I was aware, touched it since I did yesterday, where it was completely fine. Strange.

Thanks again for the help.

Liam

Liam Shannon

If I understood your description of the problems, it seems like a good fit with broken wires in the door jamb connectors. It's an extremely common problem.

If you have a circuit diagram of the lock system, you could predict which wires may be broken.

Okay, I'll take a look as soon as possible.

Appreciate all of the help.

Thank you,

Liam