double clutching

civicex

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I wanna know what double clutching is and when and how it is used. Will it make a difference when racing?

spider883

Supercharged Si
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
double clutching is where when u shift u put the clutch down then shift in netrual then off clutch then back on then shift into gear... its for older cars without syncros.. bc cars now have gear syncros the trans will match so gears wont grind..

Si_Racer13

JDMchris>>>
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
oh no, the F&F movie is corrupting our youth. :lol:

On the real though. Its just a waste of time doing it in new cars, like spider said.

spider883

Supercharged Si
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hey Si its not corrupting our youth its corrupted another youth.. total now stands at 2,343,738,734 its so sad

blackprevost

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i'm impressed some one acctually knew what double clutching was for. It looks like i may have found the right site for info on my civic...

Si_Racer13

JDMchris>>>
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by "spider883"

hey Si its not corrupting our youth its corrupted another youth.. total now stands at 2,343,738,734 its so sad
LOL :lol:

spider883

Supercharged Si
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by "blackprevost"

i'm impressed some one acctually knew what double clutching was for. It looks like i may have found the right site for info on my civic...
yea there are some of us that arent FandF ricers

nightkids1

Old School Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well at least everyone wasnt brain washed by fast and the furoius. LOL

"you wernt dubble clutching like you should, you almost blew the blots of the intake" LOL!

chu24

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Granny shifting, not double clutching like you should :lol:

spider883

Supercharged Si
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
when the morons made this movie didnt they do some research.. i mean even a little bit..

jeselon

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
on the same note, is there such a thing as 'power-shifting'? i think i have been informed that it is when u don't let up on the gas when u shift. is this true? let me know! =)

spider883

Supercharged Si
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
are u talking about when u keep gas all the way and engage clutch and shift then just let the clutch out all at once ????

DLS TekNiQue

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i think power shifting is when you dont use your clutch and leave the gas down...im not sure tho...its not to clear to me what it is

spider883

Supercharged Si
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i know of power shifting.. where u shift without using the clutch.. this is possible if u know the rpm where the gears match.. this is how a stock Z06 vette pulled a 3.9 sec 0-60 time.. of coarse it was a gm factory driver that knew right when to shift................and the other when u keep the gas down while shifting.. which has been proven to do nothing at all but screw up the trans

CivicNation

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
--------------------WRONG
f**k that aint dubble clutching what the hell is this.

dubble clutching is when your toward the end of the gear you diengage the clutch- without letting off the gass and engage it back . realy quickly be carefull you dont f**k up your timing n s**t. anyway after that go to the next gear. you get an extra booste if you do it rite. its a very quick process. i dont do it offten unless its a realy close one...

WishOfATypeR

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Double de-clutching?

My dad says it does no good on modern cars...and that it is good when you are going down through the gears...that it makes it smoother? He showed me on his M roadster one time. His car is so beautiful...makes me want to put M symbols on my civic (not).
Peace :?:

HighLife

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Double clutching is mainly for when you down shift. You want to match the rpm so you save you snycros..

So, you push in clutch, remove from gear, rev the engine to match RPM then clutch in, into lower gear.

This was the way it was explained to me.

knockoff

you can call me ABE
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
we should just ask vin diesel... he knows :wink: