double clutching

M706

somethingmorethannothing
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
sigh, i don't have to shift...that'll change when i do my b16a2 swap though... :mrgreen:

Declectic

SeanJohn1802
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by "CivicNation"

--------------------WRONG
f**k that aint dubble clutching what the hell is this.

dubble clutching is when your toward the end of the gear you diengage the clutch- without letting off the gass and engage it back . realy quickly be carefull you dont f**k up your timing n s**t. anyway after that go to the next gear. you get an extra booste if you do it rite. its a very quick process. i dont do it offten unless its a realy close one...

you drive a DX...thats why you double clutch! lol j/k....

i agree with what Si Racer13 first posted on this subject

99ExCoupe

Volvo > Civic
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You know whats worse than Fast and the Furious....F&F II...ahhhh the pain and sorrow. They have a R34 Skyline....and it has APC badges on it...that is unacceptable...those cars are sacred. Besides that....what does APC make that could go on a skyline...and oil cap? Movies like that give real import tuners bad names...and they all call us ricers. Peace
-David

HighLife

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The movie does suck.....but the cars are sweet.

Is you look around the other honda boards you might find a short movie a guy made about double clutching. That is if you really want to! Since syncros are built alot better then back in the old days, there is no real need for it. If you just want to know its kewl, just so you know that its not really needed.

O.Z Chi

Team San Jose
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Double clutching saves synchros. It also leaves you with some power as you start a high speed turn, and combined with toe/heel braking, you can manage your center of gravity to optimize tire contact patch.

Usually if you just downshift without revving up the engine during a turn, you will feel the engine brake and it effectively slows you down, shaving precious time away from a lap during a road race.