Drag strip preparations

HypeR Hatch

5+ Year Member
just for your purposes... a few ppl have posted that a good reaction time is .5 ?? thats a half of a second. kinda slow . the best reaction time is a .050 i believe. correct me if i'm wrong someone?

h22_ek

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
just thought i throw this out there but for every 100 lbs. u remove its a 10th of a sec off ur times i not 100 percent if thats true correct me if i wrong

Black99Si

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Hey everyone. I just bought a 99 Civic Si. B16 of course, and I was wondering what I should launch at. I haven't had the car very long and haven't got the chance to test it out. Thanks!

NoWayBack91Si

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hey everyone. I just bought a 99 Civic Si. B16 of course, and I was wondering what I should launch at. I haven't had the car very long and haven't got the chance to test it out. Thanks!
just try out different launches..my friend launched at 3500rpm when he had his 2000 si. i think he even tried droppin it from 4000rpm

Black99Si

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yea, I tried dumping it from 4000 and went nowhere!!! lol just lit em up. but about 3500 worked pretty good. not dumping but releasing pretty quickly. ill just have to mess around to find the sweet spot

dank24

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
dont dump it

SleepingSol

10sec dd or BUST
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
dont dump it

:word:

The only time dumping is a good thing is when you are sitting on the shitter, dumping at the drag strip no so good.

4000 and riding the clutch worked best for me

rexman

hondas for life
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
in my b16 rex i dropped it from an idle and launched great

BLURRnAWAY

Elite Member
5+ Year Member
The preperations that i take are:
-Change Oil/ Royal Purple
-Lower tire pressure
-Take spare tire out/other things to reduce weight
-Use 93 Octane from Shell/Sunoco (Best gas)
-only put 3-4 gallons of gas in the tank
-B4 going practice your launch/Shifting
-Go over your motor and make sure everything is good to go.( Belt-Plugs-any caps-)

---Note---
They usually have a Official do an Inspection to make sure car is safe, They check the Brake pads*They check the seatbelt* they make sure the battery is held down properly* and if your car is automatic, they make sure you cant put it in gear unless your holding down the brake*
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Have Fun, Make sure you weigh your car after if there is a scale available.:D

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
OK, Since this thread was full of cancer, I've cured it ;). Will keep this a sticky for now as long as more information gets posted and shared. Otherwise if this thread keeps dying, as it already seems... I'll unpin it.

This thread does need some new information... anyone care to share? I'm a track n00b myself.. only been once.

got traction

i rock the sohc
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if people post questions, i can post answers...

charlie brown

smokey
Registered VIP
ok i know the thread is a little old but, im a track noob. ive herd of this a little, so, how exactly do you "load up" the trans using the e-bake. i've been told this will reduce intial shock on launch and is good for saving axel splines from relieving themselves.

got traction

i rock the sohc
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ok i know the thread is a little old but, im a track noob. ive herd of this a little, so, how exactly do you "load up" the trans using the e-bake. i've been told this will reduce intial shock on launch and is good for saving axel splines from relieving themselves.
what your talking about is commonly known as "pre-loading". What your doing is slipping the clutch so the shock to the driveline when you release the clutch is minimal. You use your e-brake to keep the car from moving and let the clutch out to the point where it is starting to grab.