drag times stink

d-proff

5+ Year Member
Built n tuned b18c1 195 hp 130 tq.average time was a 15 5 95mph trap and 2.6 60 ft time.this is horrible it was 100 degrees at the track but my 60 ft time sucked and I tried launching every way I no how.my 3rd gear pull was good reeled in some of my opponents but was generally to late to start pulling on them.amil I spinning to much thru 1st and 2nd do I need drag radials I have new Yokohama s drives on the car I need suggestions I did everything I could to try to get lower 60ft times by slipping the clutch dumping it upping and lowering rpms at launch tried taking off normal seemed like no matter what I did my 60ft times just flat out sucked

Blood_Shot

Banned
Registered VIP
do you have any type on launch control?

it just takes practice dude

d-proff

5+ Year Member
I have hondata my launch control is not set up yet. What rpms should I set it at.

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
It's not your engine, it's you. You need to keep going and going, and getting better at it.

Your main problem is constantly changing on how your starting, keep it a constant way, and work on that.

d-proff

5+ Year Member
I tried out different things trying to get them down cuz I believe thts what was killing my time

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
It takes practice. What RPM's were you launching at?

With my car (civic with stock d16y8), I was launching at 3500 and found that to be the best to launch. I tried 3000, 3500, then 4000. 3000 I bogged down too much, 4000 I had way too much wheel spin, and 3500 was just enough wheel spin without losing traction and I didn't bog down as much.

Don't just dump the clutch. Try feathering it out along with the gas. Like I said, it takes a lot of practice.