Drifting in GT4

AutoFanatik

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
are there any special techniques or settings to drifting in GT4 so its not all outta control type s**t?

itsmycookie

#1 a*****e
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
there;s already a GT4 thread

and u have to mess with the settings. each car has its own personality. u have to tune each one to your own driving style.

AutoFanatik

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
i searched and didnt really find any central GT4 threads :what: i dunno, but yea drifting is a b***h in that game

can87

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
play LFS dude =)

AutoFanatik

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
LFS? also for the guys that do drift on GT4, what are some good beginners courses? i bought and built up a nice RX-7 and wanna get good at drifting as well

that VERBAL

AKA Theiven Stealberg
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
...turn off ACS and TCS :slap:

but Forza is better for the mad dooorifftoo

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
can87 said:
www.liveforspeed.net -> this is like honda.com
www.lfs-torque.net -> and this is the ClubCivic

this is just the real thing. all others are Games. including the GT.

give it a try ;)
Yea, because GT is noting but a game..

Sorry, that program you posted is a game too.

The REAL thing, would be actually getting in the car and driving.

can87

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
sure u're right but all we are talkin about is GAMES right here, so sayin 'real thing' means the closest thing to 'gettting in the car and driving it'. at least i meant that =)

anyways gt is more 'arcade' compared to lfs. in my honest opinion, for sure.

itsmycookie

#1 a*****e
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
can87 said:
sure u're right but all we are talkin about is GAMES right here, so sayin 'real thing' means the closest thing to 'gettting in the car and driving it'. at least i meant that =)

anyways gt is more 'arcade' compared to lfs. in my honest opinion, for sure.
thats not what this topic is about. so please stay on topic from this point on.

as for drifting
- obviously turn off all the tcs and oversteer things. i leave 1 into understeer.
- hard tires
- car has to have enough power
- rwd MR and RR are the easiest since all the weight is over the back tires, though it is kind of hard to control these
- camber i believe anf said lots of camber will get the back end movin
- suspension, stock suspension is probably not the best
- u have to decide how u will actually drift wether it be like turning one way than the other quickly, parking brake, having lots of power and just giving it more power, or however you;ll do it

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
itsmycookie said:
thats not what this topic is about. so please stay on topic from this point on.

as for drifting
- obviously turn off all the tcs and oversteer things. i leave 1 into understeer.
- hard tires
- car has to have enough power
- rwd MR and RR are the easiest since all the weight is over the back tires, though it is kind of hard to control these
- camber i believe anf said lots of camber will get the back end movin
- suspension, stock suspension is probably not the best
- u have to decide how u will actually drift wether it be like turning one way than the other quickly, parking brake, having lots of power and just giving it more power, or however you;ll do it
Hard tires? I'll have to try that..

I used N2 tires and it was alright, but damn haha.. I can barely make a turn my car goes around

I heard having Semi-Racing Suspension is good, and not to use stage 3 weight reduction.

guwakjai010

Dr Tai tai
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
sport suspension, have 200-300 hp is enough, N2 tires... tcs off, asm oversteer off, asm understeer u can leave.... and if u still can't oversteer properly, buy a wing and change the downforce on the rear all the way up and instant oversteer lol....

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
guwakjai010 said:
sport suspension, have 200-300 hp is enough, N2 tires... tcs off, asm oversteer off, asm understeer u can leave.... and if u still can't oversteer properly, buy a wing and change the downforce on the rear all the way up and instant oversteer lol....
haha.. I never tried the downforce.. I only put the Spoiler to make it look like ID cars.

Maiku

What's up my Ninja?!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
One of my fave drift cars is my AE86 Levin, it's more easily controlled to me, I like driving Tsukuba.

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Maiku said:
One of my fave drift cars is my AE86 Levin, it's more easily controlled to me, I like driving Tsukuba.
I found the 300ZX to be a little hard to control.
The S2000 was easy, somewhat, once you got over the "over-correcting" instict lol

Revolver

Oct 10th
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You'll just have to practice throwing the car sideways, getting that balance of braking, throtttle, and steering for the a corner, countersteering ever so slightly (my biggest prob), and finding a car you like. For me...
Volvo Wagon FTW!!!

that VERBAL

AKA Theiven Stealberg
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
:lol: I used to have that car but it was a sedan GL...I used to pull that mad dorifto in the snow =)