DropItLowej2's Teal EJ1 BUILD

DropItLowEJ2

ive owned this car a lil over a month now and this is what i accomplished so far, my plan is a clean slammed daily driver with a tucked single and ac

ive been wanting a teal ex eg coupe for a while now and this one happened to pop up for a good price so i had to have it, even knowing the problems

it needs a motor cause its knocking and a driver fenders and front bumper from when it was towed when the motor went

but other than that it was painted a year ago and the body is very clean
integra front seats
black housing headlights and amber corners
1 piece coilovers
full camber kit
full power options
pretty clean interior
and a clean radiator support

the exhaust and rear lip and little s*** are coming off asap so dont worry

now some pics of how i got it before i put alot of love and money into it to make it mine

also i got the car 2 days ago and picked up a replacement d15b7 last night to get the car driveable till i put another z6 in, in spring when i plan on doing a full bay tuck with polished ac lines

and mind you i still have my white coupe http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=3069016
and a teal hatch which is my beater

some better pics once i got it, those pics were what he had posted in the for sale ad

cleaned the interior today cause i drove the car home earlier from my uncles shop were i was storing it and cause i finished putting in the new motor

really happy with how it came out and how clean the original carpet is

update:::

took the car down to my boys shop today cause he had a brand new hood latch cable that he got from the guy when he had bought his car a year ago, so i installed it in my car seeing there wasnt one, then i worked on my sunroof seeing it only opened 2 inches, ended up taking it all out and one trac was off and missing a spring, ended up buying 1 from autozone and got it all back together and working mint. and also removed that stupid ass rear lip

just need to finish the outside, some nice rims and redo the front suspenion to my standards

no real update just snapped a couple s***ty pics outside my house, its been raining and ive still yet to clean the outside but ill get around too it

and a partial pic of all 3 my egs, except my hatch is sold once my teal coupes legit

no real crazy update, but my boy hooked me up with a bumper bra so i took the front bumper off my white coupe and put my cut one back on it, then put the bumper bra on my good one and put it on my teal coupe, you can see some of the white but for now i figured its better than nothing, one more step to getting the car done

few pics with my temp wheels, there buddy clubs for my white car

small update but no pics
just picked up all new upper A arms with ball joints, new lower ball joints and new inner and outer tie rods
just need to get new sway bar bushings, lower strut bushings, all new brakes and rear lca setup then everything will be fresh suspension wise then gotta finish fixing the front end and decided on a set of wheels and if i wanna change up the interior

ive owned my teal ex coupe for about a month now, still needs alot of work but happy how far the car has come so far, but onto the pics and mind you the sun was going down and it was only a quick wash, i plan on buffing and waxing it once the new front end is painted and on

and sorry for the s***ty quality iphone pics, and its getting a stock muffler soon

Blayze2010

5th gen lover
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Nice ej1, looks a lot like mine!

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
These can clean up nice, granted I'm not the hugest fan of EJ1s. But the teal can turn out cool.

Good luck bud.

DropItLowEJ2

finally grabbed a pic of my front end parts, they could use a clean up from sitting in the back of my car but there still brand new

DropItLowEJ2

also forgot i picked up a set of door panels the other day there mint, my driver one has a crack where your elbow sits and about a inch wide circular hole and my ocd bothers me about little s**t plus i wanna redo the fabric and its easier with a extra set, and i only payed $15 off a friend, still have the clips on it and tweeters just missing one speaker cover

DropItLowEJ2

so i finally got some money and picked up some rims not sure if there staying just yet but there 15x8 +25 enkei 92s on 195/45/15 s drive tires
and picked up ceramic pads to help stop brake dust and new rotors just need to order new lower front strut bushing and get a new fender and bumper and painted, and also might get another set of wheels but ill keep them a secret for now

and the rims are used and 2 tires got some camber but still fresh on the rest the tire and since my cars gonna be slammed and a daily i just had the tires mounted so the camber was on the outside, payed 650 for rims and tires and threw my boy 20 to mount them, and there 1100 new for rims and tires so id say it was a good deal

pics

DropItLowEJ2

also forgot i ordered new rear lcas, leds for my license plate lights cause theres green ones in there now from previous owner and a led for the dome light, and some cheap ebay window visors cause everyone knows who owns a eg that when the windows fog and its raining out your bound to get wet without them

DropItLowEJ2

Nice progress, wish I had some cash to spend on my car right now.
yea i got lucky well sorta, i been outta work since june cause i got hurt and have a herniated disk, but they didnt finally except my case till about a week or 2 ago, they paid me for my first 2 month of being out back around thanksgiving and now finally payed what they owed just under 7k but im trying to budget my money and keep a good amount saved up at least 4k, spent a good amount and past due bills and buying the parts i have so far but it sucked this whole time just making it by day to day by buying and selling it what i could and by chipping ecus local but now my cars my main focus and should be done hopefully soon

DropItLowEJ2

so since not this past weekend but the one before we had a bad snow storm i wasnt able to bring my front end parts to paint so this past saturday i dropped them off for paint and they were painted, i let them sit at the painters till today so they had more time to cure. just now need warm weather to throw everything on cause now its really making me impatient and makes me wanna drive the car already

heres the at the paint booth and the actual color the other pics the lighting messes with the color

the ride home in my beater hatch

and im my garage awaiting the warm weather