dropped it

got_sake?

1.7 ltrs of fury!!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I finally got my springs and struts on. i don't have a digi so it will take me some time on the pics...plus the car is a little on the dirty side at the moment. i did have one issue putting the suspension on. i cross threaded the bold on the ball joint and it's not on there properly...so i have to buy a new steering arm and i need a camber kit asap. but the over all ride is good with the exception of the extra play in the wheel. oh and i got my header on also. I'm pleased with Megan. Pretty good s**t for the money.

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
do you mean the tie-rod end? Mostlikly thats what you screw'd up, I did it once when I had my 7th gen.

Easy to swap out, but you have to get an alignment no doubt afterwards.

mother_BORED

5+ Year Member
when i was younger and inexperienced, i used my (very powerful) Snap-on air gun to tighten up a ball joint on my steering rod end.

needless to say it snapped it like a twig.
D'oh!

got_sake?

1.7 ltrs of fury!!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Blahman240 said:
do you mean the tie-rod end? Mostlikly thats what you screw'd up, I did it once when I had my 7th gen.

Easy to swap out, but you have to get an alignment no doubt afterwards.
yeah the tie rod end. the nut is crosstreaded onto the bolt. I'm going to take it to the shop monday because during the week I don't have anytime to do anything.

any suggustions on camber kits, what's good what sucks.

thanks,
Doug

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
SPC! Although their front is a bit confusing.

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I could give you a camber kit for one side, lol the driver side rear. I installed one, then wrecked the car. Never got that other off.

Edit: Ohhh I just remembered I have the spc front some place. I could give you for dirty cheap.

got_sake?

1.7 ltrs of fury!!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
mother_BORED said:
when i was younger and inexperienced, i used my (very powerful) Snap-on air gun to tighten up a ball joint on my steering rod end.

needless to say it snapped it like a twig.
D'oh!
yeah bro i felt like a total dumbass...but hey mistakes happen.

04civic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
congrats on the drop man. did you get springs or coilovers? and what brand?

and yea megan header are pretty good. i got the megan header and test pipe. felt a better pull on top end but not enough to where i go jumping for joy with. haha....its pretty good for the money.

lets see some pics soon.

got_sake?

1.7 ltrs of fury!!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
04civic said:
congrats on the drop man. did you get springs or coilovers? and what brand?

and yea megan header are pretty good. i got the megan header and test pipe. felt a better pull on top end but not enough to where i go jumping for joy with. haha....its pretty good for the money.

lets see some pics soon.
The set up: Megan Springs, Tokico Blues, and Progress Camber Kit (on it's way from Dezod.com)

The drop is about 2 inches. I still have a little fender gap but when I get new tires I'm going from a 205/45-16 to a 205/50-16. That should help. But damn it looks a lot better now. I can't wait to get it back tomorrow.

I'm also having my tranny serviced so hopefully that will take care of the squeeking clutch thing.

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'd stick with the 45 series unless you have mad pot holes, the springs will still settle a bit.

04civic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yea...50's are too big. 45s are perfect. and yes the over time your coilovers will get sag a little bit more.

got_sake?

1.7 ltrs of fury!!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I got the car back today and I'm happy, happy, happy, and did I mention happy. I had some fun on the interstate. That header makes a pretty noticable difference at speed. The suspension rides nice cruising down the interstate ( I commute 20 miles down I-40 everyday). I'm just super stoked. My camber kit should be here tomorrow and I'll have it installed asap. I'm going to try to get my car cleaned up and shoot it this weekend. Anyway thanks for all your comments. I'll keep you posted.

Doug

04civic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you probably already know but make sure you install the camber kit first then get an alignment.

Glad you having fun with the car.

got_sake?

1.7 ltrs of fury!!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
04civic said:
you probably already know but make sure you install the camber kit first then get an alignment.

Glad you having fun with the car.
yeah i know that. haha.

she's getting tint as soon as i can swing it. a black interior and the NC sun don't mix. Then new clutch and short throw.

got_sake?

1.7 ltrs of fury!!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
camber kit is here! I'm gonna let the alignment shop install that. Hope fully I can get the kit on this week. My tires are about 6months away from needing replacement so I need that kit on asap, and I don't wanna f**k up....again. anyway i'm gonna go buy a disposalbe cam and take a few shots later today.

Ian01ex

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Can't wait to see it man. Sounds like you have been getting a lot done lately.

got_sake?

1.7 ltrs of fury!!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ian01ex said:
Can't wait to see it man. Sounds like you have been getting a lot done lately.
yeah i got some money from my old employer for unused vacation time. :D

demon23

5+ Year Member
Blahman240 said:
I'd stick with the 45 series unless you have mad pot holes, the springs will still settle a bit.
bro is it wrong to have 40 Series :?:

got_sake?

1.7 ltrs of fury!!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
small update...

I got new brake pads, my squealers were telling me it was time for new pads. So I got some ceramic pads. I luv em. I also got my windows tinted (35%...as low as I can legally go in NC). I got some clubcivic.com stickers to put on but...i've misplaced them...bummer. I'm going to borrow my parents digi sometime this week to do a shoot. Oh...the camber kit is hopefully going on tomorrow. I don't wanna screw with that myself and neither does my buddy that's been helping me. So I found a good shop that will do it for 140 bucks alignment included. So be looking for new thread in the members ride section soon. :D