dropping question

Logan98036wa

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
So I want to lower my car, but Ive never done it nor have any friends that would be any help with my questions so I ask you; how much should I drop it to get a clean, reasonable look? Also does anyone have any suggestions on springs? Im trying to spend about $200-$300. I know thats just about nothing but im a 17 year old kid with no job so yeah.... Any help would be much appreciated.

ceelx

propably the best set up is shock's kayaba agx(~420$) + spring's eibach pro kit (~150$)
eibach sprins fit whit oem shock's too ;)

FlipSkater079

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
With that budget the only thing you can do really is buy lowering springs. And you can't go too low because you don't have money for shocks, find some springs that lower 1.5in or less.

lowlife9

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
garbage get a name brand spring something respectable and that spring lowers 2 inches you were told only 1.5 for a reason.

Modest Throttle

Registered VIP
suspension is a vital component of your car and not something to cheap out on. keep saving and get something you want, not something you have to settle for. in the meantime, do research on shocks, springs, and coilovers so you can find what you want

Logan98036wa

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Im just looking for a quick fix for my car. Im trying to save for some skunk2 coil overs but my stock suspension/springs wont last much longer.

ek forever guy

Registered VIP
17 year old kid with no job looking to spend a few hundred bucks on his honda civic.

Put it away for college. You'll be a lot better off.

Ed[K*]

GO! GO! GADGET VTEC!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Im just looking for a quick fix for my car. Im trying to save for some skunk2 coil overs but my stock suspension/springs wont last much longer.
i say tokico springs.
cheap, reliable, safe drop, minimal wear,
just what OP is looking for. also a little bouncy
but still fun to drive with..had some thrown
on my buddy's crx with stock shocks, s**t felt like some inspector gadget-mobile lmao
..inspector gadget, da da da da da daa whoo whoo

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
get s-techs. I would say thats your best bet since they are designed for oem shocks.

lowlife9

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
you can find used s techs in good condition if you search the for sale sections ebay or craigslist.

UCCRacing

No Fun
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
S tech's or Eibach are both great brands...

I have ran Lowering Springs FOR YEARS! Skunk 2 also... I have loved them because you drop it and your done.... They have been tested and designed for comfort and stability.....

Your budget go with springs, no point in Coil Overs....

This will get you buy for the next 3-5yrs until you want to dump a grand into everything needed for a proper drop with good quality parts.... Also the above springs all work fine with stock shocks...

Gl

Logan98036wa

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
turns out its a lot worse than I thought. ball joints in the rear and shocks, springs and something about a lower control arm bushing..... "MOM can I barrow your credit card?"

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I was just going to say.. if the suspension is "just about to go" the LAST thing you should do is lower the car.. the lowering of the car will put added stress on the stock components.. you have to keep in mind your car is over a decade old.. so those wear items like suspension are worn as well.. you will need to invest a lot more if you plan to lower the car..

Logan98036wa

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
are there any good places to find the parts that I mentioned?
or should I just let a shop do it?

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
are there any good places to find the parts that I mentioned?
or should I just let a shop do it?
if you have enough time.. and patience.. these cars are pretty easy to work on.. you will end up saving a lot of money.. and maybe when you factor in saving the money you would pay on labor.. you can buy some slightly more performance based parts.. and get the car a little lower while you are at it..

what was the shop estimate?