Drove car through puddle now CEL on

Ek4C707

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
So I just drove my car throw a big puddle (not a puddle that goes up to my bumper) but when I drove through it water jumped up to my engine bay.

I don't have a fender liner on my passenger side (the side the car went in the water), I'm lowered 2.5 inches and have a Short ram intake. My car started to try to stall and the CEL started to blink and stayed solid. before it stayed solid I pulled over and shut my car off.

I drove home and it run normal, but tries to stall sometimes.

I unplug the battery and clean the spark plugs. I plan on draining the oil soon.

What do you guys suggest me do?

Any help would help.

Thanks

Cliffs:
-Drove through puddle
-CEL blinked and stayed on
-engine tried to stall and sometimes tries to stall when driving.
-unplug battery and dried spark plugs

nicoyita1

I eat rice. And beans.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
pull the CEL code. Then tell us what it is.

Ek4C707

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Well I haven't check the code yet, but just wanted to know if I should do anything to it right now maybe to prevent any damage

nicoyita1

I eat rice. And beans.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
you should be ok as long as water didn't get inside your motor, which i'm assuming it didn't because you have a sri, not a cai.

Ek4C707

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
when i pulled over I took off the filter and there was a little water inside the pipe. Some water inside woudl be okay wouldnt it? and If i disconnect the battery for 10 minutes the CEL should turn off right?

Ek4C707

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
The car runs better now, i change the oil/filter, spark plugs and turned off the CEL. thanks for the help.