dry nitrous kit

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
in regards to the gauges.. here is what i have and rely on..

nitrous preasure gauge, EGT (pyrometer), and fuel preasure gauge...

stealthy

4 Doors For More Whores
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
maybe the guy who had it before him didnt buy it as a kit, and just added random bottles. i bet the bottles arent zex tho

dank24

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
So for the lines they should be straight?

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
dank24 said:
So for the lines they should be straight?
huh?

stealthy

4 Doors For More Whores
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
why dont you post pics? surely you have some, if you bought it off h-t right?

dank24

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
he didnt post any pics he just said stainless steal braded lines, 3x1.25 lb bottles, purge, solenoid, zex kit 200 shipped. I jumped on the deal and got it. Also is there a part number to the kind of zex spark plugs I should be running? I got brand new NGK V Power plugs in there now. I am just hoping my car didnt throw a rod. Then hello B16, or b18b.

dank24

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
oc_civic said:
earlyer you posted not a good idea to put them in the glove box. Is that because the lines will be cramped? For the pressure? I didnt even get the kit yet. I am just trying to figure out where to put it

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
dank24 said:
earlyer you posted not a good idea to put them in the glove box. Is that because the lines will be cramped? For the pressure? I didnt even get the kit yet. I am just trying to figure out where to put it
just to come right out and say it..im not sure you got a good deal.. in fact im concerned about the "kit" you got.. a 1 lb bottle at best would be good for like a street bike.. or watercraft.. but i dont think is big enough for a car...

O.C.D. 06

Obsesive Civic Driver
5+ Year Member
You should get a 10lb. bottle (for obvious reasons) and mount it in the trunk of your car like everyone else does. That way if there is a break in the line your cab won't fill up with nitrous and cause you to have an accident and die.

dank24

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
oc_civic said:
just to come right out and say it..im not sure you got a good deal.. in fact im concerned about the "kit" you got.. a 1 lb bottle at best would be good for like a street bike.. or watercraft.. but i dont think is big enough for a car...
oh lol I didnt even know you were hinting towards that haha. Anyway I think my engine is gone in my car. here is a pic of my what my car almost went in last ngiht . nows its in a higher spot

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i14/CNSVT04/IMG_0322.jpg

nicoalex2

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
damn thats a nasty pic same here in upstate Ny
not that bad but some parts are

stealthy

4 Doors For More Whores
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
im kinda concerned about your "kit" as well......and no pics? tisk tisk man

nitebeest

5+ Year Member
Sounds like Vin Diesels set up in F&TF. Except this is real life and I don't think that 3 1.25 lb bottles are going to be that safe. Or work as well. B/c you're going to have to chain link them all together and as OC said the pressure is going to be off and it's not going to give you a good shot.

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
oc_civic said:
... the zex kit has and will always be kind of shaky to me. i dont like "mystery boxes" that control s**t.. you should post pics of it when you get it because as far as i know zex does not make a kit with 3 small bottles..
heheheh....mystery box.:lol:

On a dry kit it just partially closes off the fuel supply to ramp up the fuel pressure.
No, it doesn't make sense to me either...seems like you would ramp up pressure at the expense of fuel volume. :what: but it works. My old NOS kit had a similar arrangement....and a crappy solenoid. But that's a different story. :lol:

I've never actually had a Zex kit. Just the ever craptastic NOS dry. (in all fairness, my NOS kit was old and used so that probably contributed to it's continously screwed up solenoid)

I'd probably go Venom this time....even though it has the dreaded "mystery box" that actually does something. :lol:

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Beelzebubba said:
heheheh....mystery box.:lol:

On a dry kit it just partially closes off the fuel supply to ramp up the fuel pressure.
No, it doesn't make sense to me either...seems like you would ramp up pressure at the expense of fuel volume. :what: but it works. My old NOS kit had a similar arrangement....and a crappy solenoid. But that's a different story. :lol:

I've never actually had a Zex kit. Just the ever craptastic NOS dry. (in all fairness, my NOS kit was old and used so that probably contributed to it's continously screwed up solenoid)

I'd probably go Venom this time....even though it has the dreaded "mystery box" that actually does something. :lol:
the kit ive had my success with is an NOS dry kit... ;)