Duals on civic!!!

Civic_2_NV

Speed Tech
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I just got dual exhaust on my gen 6 civic coupe. what do u guys think???

BioHazard the Reaper

PHACM 1B
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i dont know ive never been a big fan of dual exhuast on a car unless it has headers, not a header lol, to me dual exhausth belongs only on v8's. But all in all they dont look bad, i think a new rear bumber made for dual exhuast wold be a great compliment to the mufflers, also are those two different mufflers?? And just to tell you, you should never post a pic of your licensce plate number, bad things can happen, you should smudge it or put a strip of black over it(you can do that in like microsoft paint)

Linguistics

Live Manikins
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
looks familiar...dual exhaust on a black civic

Linguistics

Live Manikins
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
how wierd...that ride is oddly way similar to mine

panuwat

Lost Honda
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well.. the emblems are different, plus you have a flag on yours.. the altezzas are also differnt =) lol

Linguistics

Live Manikins
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by "panuwat"

well.. the emblems are different, plus you have a flag on yours.. the altezzas are also differnt =) lol
well...yeah...so...take this!!! :wak:

Team 4R

Dr. DIY
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
justin.... maybe you should ask your parents just how many of you there really are..........

might be interesting if clubcivic unites some long-lost twins, separated at birth, and condemned to live the same life on opposite sides of the country....... :lol:

imazn

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
that's terrible. you'll lose so much power with that thing

terceltyler

The Silver Bullet
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
y does 1 exhaust look diff tha the other or is it just the angle??????

BioHazard the Reaper

PHACM 1B
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by "sik_civic"

y does 1 exhaust look diff tha the other or is it just the angle??????
yeah thats what i asked in my post, they do oddly look different, and it may just be the angle, but i dont think it is....any how, im not a fan of Dual exhaust

Handlebars

None Taken.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
you dont lose power from duals, but you dont gain it either. its just a styling statement like rims or a body kit. i personally find your car distasteful, but hey whatever floats your boat...

Team 4R

Dr. DIY
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the mufflers look different because one has much more exhaust deposit on it than the other...... why? because the shorter, straighter pipe flows more exhaust than the second pipe.......

Civic_2_NV

Speed Tech
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
actually they are the same mufflers but i got one put on a week ago and hte other like 3 months ago so one is blacker than the other. and no i dont lose or gain horsepower it is just alot louder and deaper i love it : ) . i took the picture today and i just got finished puting my bodykit back piece of not even an hour ago so i will post that pic soon.

Linguistics

Live Manikins
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by "imazn"

that's terrible. you'll lose so much power with that thing
yeah, a lot of people have told me this on this site...i still havent gotten a reason why this would happen. the only person that has given me any sort of information is handlebarsfsr. and his explanation makes sense...even though its the only one ive gotten so far

99ExCoupe

Volvo > Civic
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hmmm.....another twin-exhaust civic. Maybe you guys could get 2 more....quad-exhaust civic!

FreakTimmah

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
dual exaust isnt nesscary on a four clyinder. the point of it on a larger displacment engine is to relieve backpressure. . however a civic doesnt create enough backpressure to warent dual exaust, its also just a Y pipe there just isnt a point to it, it doesnt do anything. i dont really see how it can lose that much power, but youd get better power gains from a good cat back exaust system. frankly i dont think it looks that good either, its a little on the ricey side to suite my tastes. but hey, to each his own.......

BioHazard the Reaper

PHACM 1B
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yikes maybe he shouldent of posted this lol, were tearing him up..and i agree with the rice statement...but hey ya know im sure theres things on my car you guys hate =)

Linguistics

Live Manikins
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by "BioHazard"

yikes maybe he shouldent of posted this lol, were tearing him up..and i agree with the rice statement...but hey ya know im sure theres things on my car you guys hate =)
exactly why im probably not gonna post any new pics of my car

FreakTimmah

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you know i dont care if you guys wanna put dualz on your civics, but why use the folgers fart pipes? :?: i mean if your gonna do it, fine i understand the whole "show" thing but make it look good!!! if the pipes on those cars were half the size they are now they'd look decent....

just my .002