dx dash harness to ex

Mightyek9_USDM

Sup everyone,

I'm a long time civic owner first time poster.

I've been working on my 00 Hatch for a lil while now and it is nearly completed, and i ran into a situation that i wonder if anyone has as well. So all of my interior wires are now full ex wire harness with the exception of the three wires that allow me to use my rear wiper/fluid. Well when i got to my dash harness i realized that when i started swapping that over to ex harness i was going to lose my wiring for the rear wipers. has anyone ran into this problem and possibly have a solution? I really wanted to have full function to everything. If anyone could provide some info that would be great.

Thanks.

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
There isn't any real reason to do this, there isn't any advantage to running an Ex dash harness over the Dx one,, which is why you may be hard pressed to find anyone else who has had this issue.

You may have to get a wiring diagram, splice and wire this in yourself.

Mightyek9_USDM

There isn't any real reason to do this, there isn't any advantage to running an Ex dash harness over the Dx one,, which is why you may be hard pressed to find anyone else who has had this issue.

[/QUOTEThe reason i swapped over is because my car was originally an auto, and in my town manual 00

I kind of figured someone would say that, which i get. The reason for me even doing the swap was there isn't any 99-00 civic hatch in my town that are manual. And since my car was orig. an auto. I did not have revers lights and other stuff wasn't working, and i did not want to feed wires through the fire wall, so i completely converted everything. Otherwise you're correct there isn't a real need to swap it over. The reason for this build is to have it as clean as possible. And with this build being a take your time build i want to make sure its done right..... I'm doing everything i can to make sure this car is as clean on the inside as it will be on the out.... but anyways thank you for providing the information.

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
with this build being a take your time build i want to make sure its done right....

Then I would get a wiring diagram and figure out how to splice that into the car.
That's the only way you'll get it to work since the Ex didn't have a rear wiper option.

nd4sped

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
No rear wiper will result in no wring for the EX harnesses. You can easily make the circuit you need with +24g wire.