dyno graph help

d-proff

5+ Year Member
My friend recently had his d16y7 turbo dyno tuned 370cc injectors on 7psi stock engine tuned on ectune by dave blundell at modular depo I noticed today when he showed me his graph from 5-6k rpm that its not smooth. It still shows it gaining power but the line has peaks.of gains and peaks of loss in tge hp curve of maybe 2-3 hp going both ways we was wanting some input on what it could be as far as if its not enough fuel if the Turbos cutting out or what. I would upload a pic of the graph but my only internet access is thru my phone so the best I can do is explain it
/\__/\__Π__/\__ lmao I no its ridiculous but that is the best way for mw to explain it but it's all on an upward curve of gain hp between 5-6k rpm

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
sounds like could have just been a fuel issue. when I got my car tuned on a clogged injector it ended up looking like this...

not really a loss in HP, but you can def see the torque dip...

d-proff

5+ Year Member
See it kept making power but it looked like the/\__/\__Π design I did in the 1st post in his power curve from 5-6k. Did uhave it re dynoed after u fixed ur injector

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I did, but I never got a copy of the graph =(

d-proff

5+ Year Member
What causes your power to flatten out from 5500 up was that from your injector or was your most recent dyno the same way. Sorry I dont know jack about reading dynos or tuning all I no is they need to be smooth as possible

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Thats just where the car makes the most power, after that it's just pretty steady. I can't say for 100% certainty though because I never saw my new graph... I plan on throwin her on the dyno again soon (well next spring), so I'll make sure to get a copy of the graph

Blood_Shot

Banned
Registered VIP
why didnt your friend just ask dave about the graph? My first dyno on my GSR at TPR had some faint lines in it and dave told me not to worry about it, the faint part of the line doesnt mean it was not making power.