E-Brake and ABS light wont go away

Respected
We pulled the ABS/VSA fuse on my friends civic (07 Coupe) and after putting it back, the lights stayed on. The screw holding the fuse in got lost in the process, could this be the issue?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G530AZ using Tapatalk

Respected
What makes you believe that removing the fuse would clear the ABS code?
I guess I didn't make it clear. The light was not on before we pulled it, it went on while the fuse was out (knew this would happen) but when it went back in the lights stayed on. That's what I was confused about.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Yeah, ABS light isn't like a CEL. Once it pops on, it needs to be manually reset.

Respected
Good info to know. My friend will be relieved to know his car isnt messed up

Aaron T

Respected
We pulled the ABS/VSA fuse on my friends civic (07 Coupe) and after putting it back, the lights stayed on. The screw holding the fuse in got lost in the process, could this be the issue?

Can you attach a picture of the fuse the way it sits now? Are you saying it's loose just set in place? This will cause issues if not now in the future, any loose electrical connection has the potential to arc then it goes down hill from there (burnt contacts, high resistance in the connection, overheating of the connection, voltage drops, etc)

Respected
Can you attach a picture of the fuse the way it sits now? Are you saying it's loose just set in place? This will cause issues if not now in the future, any loose electrical connection has the potential to arc then it goes down hill from there (burnt contacts, high resistance in the connection, overheating of the connection, voltage drops, etc)
It snapped into place, it was just as solid as when it DID have the screw in there.