E.K.'s Turbo teal ej1 build

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Wow... Your car reminds me of everything my friend did to his coupe before he passed away this July, minus the boost. He had the blades, slammed, visors, bra, etc etc and he wanted to boost the Z6 like no other.

Then I remembered I posted a few pics of your car on his facebook page a while back! I think I got them from H-T. I wish you the best of luck with your EJ1!!!

ek2588

been busy recently, about to start at a new job which should increase income ...hopefully lol. i did order my wiseco 75.5mm pistons, 75.5 cometic h.g., acl oversized race bearing .010. i need to stop being lazy and upload some pics
drift works- yea it was a custom made exhaust i love the look but its loud as s%%t
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIqB6rr5aeY&list=FL4Klqm1Dfchrs0KfNZnIKAQ&index=10&feature=plpp_video
will add resonator and cutout later on.
onesikcivic- i had to do the front fork trick to get that low, i still had about an 1" of thread left in the front 2" in the rear, when my car was slammed.
darkcreep-sorry to here about your friend, his car does look familiar. was he a member on ej1.org? thanks for comments

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
describe this front fork trick....im always interested in going lower

ek2588

in short you spread the forks open a lil bit and move it further up on the strut. koni yellows have no brackets for the brake lines or spring perch (uses c-clip instead) so theres nothing in the way. what suspension do you have now?
i kinda wish i could go low again ...but then i remember how i was dodging debris, potholes, scraping, upper a-arms banging against shock towers, pulling over to pull s*&t from underneath the car, killing tires, and did i mention scraping lol. i did get alot of thumbs ups tho.

yea im a pic whore lol
ryandc2 yea it was smoking the rings were going bad. it smoked before i boosted it but comp. read 180 something across the board and made good power on the dyno

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
skunk2 pro s. hmm maybe ill have to look into that after winter. kinda see what wheels ill end up running.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i kinda wish i could go low again ...but then i remember how i was dodging debris, potholes, scraping, upper a-arms banging against shock towers, pulling over to pull s*&t from underneath the car, killing tires, and did i mention scraping lol. i did get alot of thumbs ups tho.
ah just seen you added this. i know exactly how you feel, sitting two inches off the ground is rough but i love it! i dont kill tires though, alignment ftw! i love the thumbs up and stares i get. my favorite thing is when im asked if im on bags

Tig.

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Very nice!
Inspirational:thumbs up

Still thinking whether to boost my sohc or swap!

Esotericimage

Taking an H-T break
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
^^

I was thinking the same thing, but with the enkei's. everyone has candys.

OP, Nice clean build.. If it were me, Id change the turbo to a 50cold/.48 hot for quicker spool.

200/150 isnt bad, but im quite sure your spooling late. a quick change of the turbo will yield a drastic difference.. just my .02

ek2588

im in southern MD. did u go to the h-t meet last year? that might be were u saw it.
decipher- lol thanks man
esoteric. funny enough im going to assume i was one of the first to get those wheels (bought them in feb 2010) posted up a pic of em on h-t, after that i got flooded with pm's with ppl asking me how they fit etc..etc..i miss them kinda.
.48a/r wont get me the power i want. my current turbo is a garrett t3/t4e 50t compressor with 76t turbine(stage 3) .63a/r. it is on the laggy side, but makes good power for a 50t. its rated at @ 450hp. i think was hitting full boost @ 4k i do have my eye on the pte 5557 billet wheel turbo. we''' see how it goes with my current setup first.

ek2588

jdmteal ej2_DO IT ! its a great learning experience, and wait untill you hit boost in your own vehicle for the first time. it'll leave a big smile on your face lol