Easier way to sand rims!!!????

EFSedan_Of_Doom

5+ Year Member
ive been trying to sand my enkie rims cuz they are bronze and i need to paint them black...soo i been using sand paper and my hand (N) not a good idea cuz iam tired and havent goten that far..does anyone know of a easier way to sand the rims? any ideas would help thanks guys

gabebauman

Sk8aholic
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You don't need to sand the paint all the way off...just go over the entire wheel so that the paint is scuffed. This will allow the new paint to stick better. Same thing I did to my old Subzeros and the paint held real well. I also gave them about 5-6 coats along with 2 coats of clear.

They were white to begin with...

King Bob

The life'o Riley
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
damn you car looks a lot better now.

rexxxgirl

i want a new hatch!!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yea for sho. yea I have mesh rims, so you can imagaine it was a bitcccch and a half to paint them. just sand the surface so that the paint sticks. and I used primer- so whatver you wanna do

Eran

It's on ass-backwards.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
a fine sandblasting also works well. Cost you about $10 a wheel. It's up to you. We just got my friend's rims heavy blasted, and the texture is pretty cool. Using filler primer to even it out, and tone it down.

b16bang

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
damn....those rims look nice on that civic white or black lol...but wite just seems a little more loud..and black more layed back