Easy Jdm Style Yellow Fogs

krazyblonde

Banned
Okay I got this idea the other day when my boyfriend was lookin on ebay for some yellow fogs for his si... and the more he looked the more discouraged he got, the prices were NUTS... so I got a lil idea... a simple way to make your own yellow fogs... I practiced on my stock fogs out of my 94 del sol...

Last edited:

krazyblonde

Banned
okay so if you are interested here is what you need and how to do it...
very fine paint brush
1000 or higher sand paper (for wet sanding and prepping the lenze of the fog light)
water and soap
a hair dryer (if you are not into waiting)
tamiya color clear yellow (most hobby shops about 2$ a jar)

first you need to take the fogs out and wash all the dirt and road trash off of them
then you need to wet sand the surface just a little
then make sure you dry it very well
then shake the paint
and apply
apply a coat let it dry and just repeat untill you get it the tone you want... it took me a jar and a half to do my fogs... but you could probaly use only one and be fine... total cost between 5-10 dollars depending on if you have sand paper and how many jars you want to use... and here is the finished product...

i will add some more of them actually on the car and on... tomorrow

Last edited:

TippinOver

reppin the 2StockCrew
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
pretty cool

but he's still screwed either way, you still have to buy the houseing for the fogs...

diy power!

Sleeper

92 4doorSleeper
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You know Duplicolor make glass stain spray paint right.. its what I use.. but on my headlights instead lol

Eran

It's on ass-backwards.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
There are far better and easier ways to do this,

Krylon Stained Glass Yellow and Vans Yellow Lens Paint to name a couple.

krazyblonde

Banned
no didnt know that... but this stuff works just as well and u can do it inside... and they have so many colors its krazy... if i could get away with it i would have made them pink... but i cant afford any more tickets

Eran

It's on ass-backwards.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Sleeper said:
oh yeah, that the s**t i used..
Yeah, I used it too originally. It didn't stand up like my VANS yellow paint is.

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
not a bad idea at all! keep up the great work.

bigpatskize

Fat boy with AWD
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hmmm cool nice little DIY but i agree with Eran there are easier ways to do this but still nonetheless great job >`