ebay subframe and lower control arms question

Discussion in 'Wheels / Tires / Brakes / Suspension (All Gens)' started by ekhatchback, Nov 15, 2011.

Welcome to ClubCivic a Honda Civic Forum

Club Civic is an online Honda Civic forum and community for all Honda Civic enthusiasts. Whether you own a Honda Civic Si, Ex, Type R, Dx, Lx, Cx, Dx, Vx, or even a hybrid you will find valuable information and honda civic car parts on this site. Take a look around to view Honda Civic discussion; including a photo gallery, maintenance information, tech tips, as well as ways to get better performance from your Honda Civic. Visit the Members Ride's to view and rate other member’s Honda Civics. Click here to start viewing the Honda Civic Forums. Before you start posting on this site you will need to register. If you are already registered and not logged in, please login here.

Browse the forums by generation by clicking below or browse all honda civic forums.

1. ekhatchback

ekhatchback New Member

Any thoughts on eBay subframe and lcas for 185 or spend an extra 100 more for blackworks sub and lcas.

2. Logan98036wa

Logan98036wa New Member Registered VIP 5+ Year Member

better to spend a little more and get a name brand, you will be more happy in the long run with a safer more reliable product

3. JohnS.

JohnS. BANGARANG Registered VIP Registered OG 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

It's pointless to get a subframe brace unless you're running a large sway bar. Unless you want to spend the money for bling.

4. ekhatchback

ekhatchback New Member

Its more of the bling factor I guess. But I want it to look good at the same time. All polished I think is to much. What double you think about a red subframe with polished lcas?

5. JohnS.

JohnS. BANGARANG Registered VIP Registered OG 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

Color is completely up to you. What matters most is how much you like it.

I have a silver ASR brace with silver LCA's. But I have the brace because I have a 22mm rear sway bar. If you want the bling, a beaks rear lower tie bar adds a nice touch on top of it.

6. CivicxTree754

CivicxTree754 New Member Registered VIP

Ive been looking around recently and google search had nothing bad about the blackworks lca's. From what i read last night theyre made in the same factory as blox, and others.... But other then that its all up to you as others have said =) GL.

7. cgpEJ6

cgpEJ6 noob Registered VIP Registered OG 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

I'd go with something like Skunk2 or even better yet, Function7. More expensive but the bushings on either of the LCAs you mentioned are notoriously bad.

8. dj_hallucn8

dj_hallucn8 "to punish and enslave" Registered VIP 5+ Year Member

I got the Blackworks LCA's with a DNA tie bar & they work great, it's up to you so do as much research as you can before buying.

9. 2slo4u

2slo4u wait4me Registered VIP Registered OG 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

eBay doesn't make parts. So you can still find nice quality brand named parts for low prices. For example a skunk2 lca bought off eBay would be the exact same as th skunk2 lca off pwjdm or any other site.

10. emerican

emerican New Member Registered VIP

DOnt get ebay no name parts
    Just spend the extra money

11. techavluis

techavluis New Member Registered VIP

ebay is GREAT! if you know what to look for...

12. ekhatchback

ekhatchback New Member

Would I be able to replace the bushings with skunk2s.. I might go with blackworks.

13. ekhatchback

ekhatchback New Member

@2slo4u.. I should have been a little more clear.. when I said eBay. I mean cheap no name brand

14. cgpEJ6

cgpEJ6 noob Registered VIP Registered OG 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

Assuming it's not a knock off, which there are a lot of. I use eBay a ton but there are certain things I won't buy from there.

15. ek forever guy

ek forever guy New Member Registered VIP

Trust me when I tell you it is all kinds of worth it to be patient and buy quality parts. They fit better, last longer, and you're a lot happier with your car knowing that you got the best product you could. Honestly I don't know why you'd flush $200-400 down the toilet to make the subframe of the car shiny. I mean, LCAs and a subframe brace both are designed to serve a legitimate function and you're skipping.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    I'm a broke college kid too, takes me 6 months/1 year t save up for the things I want to buy. But when I do buy them I get volks, Function7, Recaros, etc. You'll be a lot happier with the car, trust me. I was so happy sitting in a set of REAL recaros. And I get compliments on my wheels all the time.

Plus I can tell people how badass volks are because they don't chip/flake like my rotas or my konigs did. And the 16x7" wheel only weighs 11.1lbs. Absolutely absurd.