ebay subframe and lower control arms question

Logan98036wa

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
better to spend a little more and get a name brand, you will be more happy in the long run with a safer more reliable product

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
It's pointless to get a subframe brace unless you're running a large sway bar. Unless you want to spend the money for bling.

ekhatchback

Its more of the bling factor I guess. But I want it to look good at the same time. All polished I think is to much. What double you think about a red subframe with polished lcas?

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Color is completely up to you. What matters most is how much you like it.

I have a silver ASR brace with silver LCA's. But I have the brace because I have a 22mm rear sway bar. If you want the bling, a beaks rear lower tie bar adds a nice touch on top of it.

CivicxTree754

Registered VIP
Ive been looking around recently and google search had nothing bad about the blackworks lca's. From what i read last night theyre made in the same factory as blox, and others.... But other then that its all up to you as others have said =) GL.

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'd go with something like Skunk2 or even better yet, Function7. More expensive but the bushings on either of the LCAs you mentioned are notoriously bad.

dj_hallucn8

"to punish and enslave"
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I got the Blackworks LCA's with a DNA tie bar & they work great, it's up to you so do as much research as you can before buying.

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
eBay doesn't make parts. So you can still find nice quality brand named parts for low prices. For example a skunk2 lca bought off eBay would be the exact same as th skunk2 lca off pwjdm or any other site.

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
a skunk2 lca bought off eBay would be the exact same as th skunk2 lca off pwjdm or any other site.
Assuming it's not a knock off, which there are a lot of. I use eBay a ton but there are certain things I won't buy from there.

ek forever guy

Registered VIP
Trust me when I tell you it is all kinds of worth it to be patient and buy quality parts. They fit better, last longer, and you're a lot happier with your car knowing that you got the best product you could. Honestly I don't know why you'd flush $200-400 down the toilet to make the subframe of the car shiny. I mean, LCAs and a subframe brace both are designed to serve a legitimate function and you're skipping.

I'm a broke college kid too, takes me 6 months/1 year t save up for the things I want to buy. But when I do buy them I get volks, Function7, Recaros, etc. You'll be a lot happier with the car, trust me. I was so happy sitting in a set of REAL recaros. And I get compliments on my wheels all the time.

Plus I can tell people how badass volks are because they don't chip/flake like my rotas or my konigs did. And the 16x7" wheel only weighs 11.1lbs. Absolutely absurd.