Ef hatch!!!

krooked32

If you go with CRX disc brakes, its a complete 100% bolt on swap. The rear disc's from the EM1 will bolt on, but you will get some goofy tire wear. The best thing you could do if you went that route is have the 99-00 discs pressed into your stock rear trailing arms.
thanks for the help man! i think ill just go for the CRX SI discs. Its really not that big of a difference, and for less of a hassle. Yeah i found out about the phone spot just yesterday, took a hard right and my phone made it out the window LOL :rolf:
Im making a rubber mat for both of those dash pockets so that wont happen anymore. And yes, they designed the door panel slot just for Blackberries :D

emerican

Registered VIP
is the phone ok if it went out the window lol
And ive done it before too man

dj_hallucn8

"to punish and enslave"
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I've had cd's come out of my visor before & fly right out of the passenger window like my car was a ninja.

Hendo

Sporting Lunatic Fringe
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Get one of these consoles:

I haven't put mine in yet, but there's just a shortage of good spots to stash crap. I'm always putting my ipod on top like that and flinging it around the car lol

2Fast924

5+ Year Member
thanks for the help man! i think ill just go for the CRX SI discs. Its really not that big of a difference, and for less of a hassle. Yeah i found out about the phone spot just yesterday, took a hard right and my phone made it out the window LOL :rolf:
Im making a rubber mat for both of those dash pockets so that wont happen anymore. And yes, they designed the door panel slot just for Blackberries :D
Hey, no problem =)

And Hendo, when you put that console in, you should post on your build page how it goes/how you like it lol. I've been debating between one of those and a DC console forever!!! haha

krooked32

is the phone ok if it went out the window lol
And ive done it before too man
nope phone is done for. after it flew out i just kept going. one of those "ah s***...oh well" moments haha. got a spare junk phone laying around ill have to use until christmas.

Get one of these consoles:

I haven't put mine in yet, but there's just a shortage of good spots to stash crap. I'm always putting my ipod on top like that and flinging it around the car lol
yeah ive been thinking to get a console of some sort. not having a cup holder is making me nuts. i finally just started putting my drinks between my seat and my door panel. so far so good......as long as the drink has a lid that stays put >.< burger king cups dont count :'( had to clean up icee mess yesterday lol

Hendo

Sporting Lunatic Fringe
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
nope phone is done for. after it flew out i just kept going. one of those "ah s***...oh well" moments haha. got a spare junk phone laying around ill have to use until christmas.

yeah ive been thinking to get a console of some sort. not having a cup holder is making me nuts. i finally just started putting my drinks between my seat and my door panel. so far so good......as long as the drink has a lid that stays put >.< burger king cups dont count :'( had to clean up icee mess yesterday lol
I jam my drinks between the passenger seat and the e-brake. I think almost everybody does lololol

krooked32

I jam my drinks between the passenger seat and the e-brake. I think almost everybody does lololol
i tried that but with the bride seat the rails are too smooth and theres not enough jamming space, everything just falls out haha. still, i love this car 102957401287509125 times more than my 99 coupe.theres just something about this thing man. i just love it. Got a job, just a simple part time job so ill have some more money to play around with but i plan on having a moderately built N/A monster. :woot:

krooked32

got everything ready to go. car is running hard now. only issue now is... the horrible fluctuating idle issue!!! time to clean iacv and all that crap.

krooked32

found a guy to replace my windshield for 120 bucks! getting that done this week. trying to sell a Y8 head with gaskets and head studs and timing belt for a mini me swap. if anyone wants pictures or what not hit me up

krooked32

triple post but meh. have a new found problem. vtec engages fine...driving along....BAM! CEL comes on...no more vtec. Turn the car off, then back on and CEL goes away, vtec comes back. Time for some googling and what not! Should be getting a new clutch and some headers soon...and some lowwwww =)

krooked32

fixed idle problem. the screw on the throttle body for adjusting the idle seems to have fallen out. that is replaced and now my car purrs just fine. no more cel either. dont know if that had something to do with it or not. currently in a dispute with a local alarm shop, had the car for a week no problems. the day after my alarm was installed the car has issues starting.:what: theyre telling me its my starter (brand new btw) that has gone bad and needs to be replaced. then went on to say that people come back all the time with that issue.....something isnt right over there. waiting on my paycheck for more build progress. yet another slow build, but hey whos isnt at some point? :P

crxtony

found a crx si for sale. just a rolling shell.....200 bucks!! going tomorrow to just part out. possibly getting coilovers, camber kit, lca's, SI cluster, rear trailing arms and disc brakes and w.e else seems to be useful to me. been a while since ive posted, no news about the beautiful golden lady aside from what i just posted! hope everyone had a good thanksgiving!

krooked32

totally didnt notice i was logged in on my buddys account...so used to just hopping on the site and posting haha

krooked32

Been ages since ive posted here!! Boy has my baby been through some good and some bad times over the past months. Gonna have pictures and a list of updates when i can get on my computer again. Im currently on the hunt for a fender and a rear window >.<

taluzer45

4 Banger Deluxe
Registered VIP
^^ I don't know if I should like this or not...... new fender and rear window?..... what did you do? =)

krooked32

And i need to get a rim reshaped.... And fix a dent in the quarter panel :( i was driving on fully bald rear tires in the rain to work and spun out and clipped a mailbox of all things >.<