EG brakes/suspension setup onto EK shell?

MurrayM_

As i've posted before, im currently looking to reshell my rotten civic eg 1994 into a 1998 ek civic shell now will any of the suspension components fit?

brakes, struts, springs or shocks? tracking arms on the back?

Thanks Murray

civexspeedy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Front rotors should fit, looks like some companies that offer rotors list the same part number for both a 5th gen and 6th gen civic. Not too sure about the calipers though. I know the brake pads are slightly different between the 2 generations. They may work but I'd check to make sure the brake bias and proportioning won't be affected. Not so sure about the rear drums.

Front shocks will fit however the rear will not due to the rear lower control arms being a bit different. Also note the spring perch on the 6th gen shocks are placed a bit lower than on the 5th gen shocks. So if you were to put the 5th gen shocks on a 6th gen, you'll essentially be rasing the car.

Springs are interchangeable. Actually seems like the 5th gen stock springs are slightly stiffer than the 6th gen stock springs.

The rear lower control arms are different between the 2. You cannot put the 5th gen LCA's on a 6th gen because the bushing width for the 2 are different. You would have to switch out the rear hubs and also use the 5th gen rear shocks to use the 5th gen LCA's on the 6th gen.