EG Build

civteck

Respected
Registered VIP
You should sell it to me cheap. But really tho Budget? Plans? Type of use?

Sent from my boujea ass phone

dawson3171

Respected
Haha definitely just a budget build I’m going to boost it on the bone stock engine till she blows

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

civteck

Respected
Registered VIP
They handle boost fairly well as long as tuned correctly. My first kit in my eg was a B20 bone stock with a super 16g pushing 12psi made in the neighborhood of 280-300 for 2yrs before i cracked 3 sleeves (my fault). By then i was hooked and built a monster.

dawson3171

Respected
Awesome! What did you do to crack the sleeves lol! Do you think 10-12psi would be okay for a stock B18 non Vtec? Or is that pushing it...BTW this will be my girlfriends daily[emoji23][emoji106]

civteck

Respected
Registered VIP
My charge pipe rubbed the rad and made a pinhole and overheated on a very early am ride home from AC, noticed the temp gauge too late and lost 60% power but made it home.
Your fine on 10psi as long its a small turbo. If you can find an old drag cast kit they worked great on the B motor. Relatively cheap if you run dsm 440s resistor box and single walbro you can do it now days for under 1k.. boy i wish my second build was that cheap..

dawson3171

Respected
Yeah that’s awesome thanks for the help man! What engine management should I go for should I do a hondata? Or keep the stock one and get it flashed??

civteck

Respected
Registered VIP
I personally like Hondata but theres cheaper ones out ectune, neptune, etc... that work well with less features.

dawson3171

Respected
I think I’ll go with hondata as well seems like the staple for these kinds of builds. Is there a specific version or model I should go with? I’ve just never used or heard of hondata until VERY recently.

civteck

Respected
Registered VIP
S300 is to tune yourself
S200 has less to it
S100 if still made is a tune only
Check out their website for the details but yes the s300 is the cats meow