eg dreaded speedo

tactix

my speedo and odometer wont work

so long story short got myself an eg/dx 1.3 carb converted to b16a2 by the looks of it they have used the existing loom and just modified it

speedo hasnt worked since i had it but previous owner said it did once

ive changed the vss resoldered the connections on the cluster on the back flexi circuit board and on the the actual spedo odo circuit board but to no avail also bought another cluster and no joy

so i broke out the multi meter on the vss connector im getting a good ground 12 v and 5 v
also at the cluster im getting a good ground 12v and 5v on the signal screw
but still not getting and speed reading

i did try the meter on the 5v signal wire while driving and didnt get any fluctuation well apart from it going up o.o1 volts wich doesnt seem right to me

any thoughts on this guys ??

tactix

Not by the looks of it as it doesn't show when turning on ignition tried a different bulb and still the same

I pulled the carpet back to see what was going on with the ecu wiring and looks like they did a patch in job

i noticed a wire that had been cut with and labelled mil ( doing a search for this ( mil ) brings up malfunction indicator light so i imagine this is for the none functioning cell light
ive tried it on the multi meter using the ecu housing as ground and i dont get any voltage just a fluctuation in continuity with the ignition on and off so i take it this is a cel earth of some sort

looks like i need to grab a wiring diagram for the ecu and see if i can patch my cel light and speedometer untill i can get the loom swapped out

tactix

as ive already got that wire extended (it was cut close to the ecu ) i will just run the wire to the earth on the cluster for the cel light and see what joy i get
as its deff a earth wire due to no voltage no mater how i tested it but was showing continuity for earth so i see no issues

then atleast i can get a cel and see if she throwing any codes then

tactix

the cut wire is coming from the ecu hence why i was going to run it to the cel light in the cluster

tactix

think im just going to look for a new dash harness saves messing about

now i just have to work out what one i need

any input ?

tactix

thats what i was saying running the cut mil / cell wire from the ecu to the cel light ground point on the cluster as the bulb should be constant live but switched earth

tactix

just to update i upgraded my ecu ( moates demon 2 ) ready for some light tunning and noticed in crome that no speed was registering and the cel code was showing vss ( couldn't read cel originally due to mil being cut ) so grabbed new plugs and hey presto working speedo

fmfcorpsman

just to update i upgraded my ecu ( moates demon 2 ) ready for some light tunning and noticed in crome that no speed was registering and the cel code was showing vss ( couldn't read cel originally due to mil being cut ) so grabbed new plugs and hey presto working speedo

I've noticed jumps in speedo in my 93 dx hatchback. No attempts at upgrade, fully stock. This issue may be above my pay grade