EG Motor Mounts dont align after swap

Kistang

Hey all,

So I FINALLY got my B18 from my 95 coupe into my new 92 hatch...only problem is---the motor mounts don't line up! I mean, they DO, but the engine is slightly angled, and I'm not sure the hood will close once I put it on. Is there something I missed? I thought the engine bays were identical?? What am I missing here?

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
As far as I recall, the 92 hatch & 95 coupe have the same exact engine bay and mounting points. Just install tge mounts then slide in the motor and find out for sure.

5SpeedEJ6

Respected
Registered VIP
Some pictures would definitely help here. Can't think why it wouldn't line up unless you mounted something different. There shouldn't be any difference between a 95 coupe and a 92 hatch since they are in the same year range (92-95 Civic).

MechanicJames

Trans mount for integra for some reason is higher if you get actual swap mounts they lower the trans the engine does touch the hood. I'm considering spacing my trany mount a bit and using longer bolts not sure how well this will work but will keep you posted..... with pictures lol