Eibach Pro-Kit Springs....

bluedeception87

Clueless
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hi, I'm gonna be installing a set of Eibach Pro-Kit springs on my 2000 Civic LX sedan. I don't know too much about suspension and I was wondering, is it necessary for me to get a camber kit also? Can someone also explain to me what a camber kit does? Thanks.

Jay Jay

Administrator
Staff member
Premium
I had the pro-kit on my 97 hatch before and I didn't need an camber kit. Just make sure you get and alignment after you install them. When you lower your car, it will give you negative camber and make your tires look like this /===\\and a camber kit will be adjustable to get your car back to the factory specs ||===||
If you need anymore help or have any other questions, let me know.

bluedeception87

Clueless
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thanks for the info! I'm also planning on getting a Neuspeed upper front strut bar. Is that a good high-quality strut bar?

Jay Jay

Administrator
Staff member
Premium
That's the same front upper strut bar I have to. It's nice and solid, I would recommend it. :thumbs up:

bluedeception87

Clueless
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Also, since I'm going to be putting in the Eibach springs into my car, is it safe to have my stock shocks to be used with them? Is it necessary or not to buy new shocks also?

Jay Jay

Administrator
Staff member
Premium
It would handle better with some aftermarket shocks, but the pro-kits are designed to work with your stock shocks. You could get some koni yellows (the best adjustable shocks) which have adjustable perches so that you could lower the car a bit more if you wanted. Or i would recommend some KYB AGX's. Check out www.tornactive.com they have free shipping on most of their items.

bluedeception87

Clueless
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by "admin"

That's the same front upper strut bar I have to. It's nice and solid, I would recommend it. :thumbs up:
Okay, I tried installing the Neuspeed front upper strut bar in my car, but the damn thing won't go over the screws perfectly!! I've tried so hard to jam both sides into the 4 screws, but it won't go in. I've even tried jacking up one side of my car, but still nothing. What was your technique in installing yours in your car?

Jay Jay

Administrator
Staff member
Premium
It was a little tough, but not as big of a problem that you seem to be having. I just put one side on at a time, it is a little tough getting the holes to line up over the bolts.

bluedeception87

Clueless
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'm just afraid that if I keep trying to make it fit, I might ruin the threads on the screws or whatever. Hmmmm....there has to be a way to put that thing in my car!

imazn

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you will not need a camber kit with these springs. i had the same springs and did an alignment right after and they told me that i had excellent camber. just a little negative which is good and can aide in handling.

koni are definitely a good shock to choose. another good on is bilstein which is non-adjustable. these two shocks are very high priced but very worth it.

that neuspeed bar just need some wiggles. it'll go in. just be patient and get someone to help you

psilocyber

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Sorry to dig up an old post, but this topic fit what I'm looking for.

I'm throwing on Eibach Pro-Kits with Tokico Illuminas (94 civic EX coupe). Seems like the consensus here is that you don't need camber kits with these springs. However, it's only common sense that they will leave you with SOME negative camber. The question is, about how much are we talking about?

I run Uni-directional tires so the can't be cross rotated. If my camber is too negative then they will wear on the inside faster, right? My only recourse would be to have the tires remounted on opposing rims then? I don't like burning through tires, but at the same time I've been told that a little bit of negative camber is good for handling and that 0 degree camber is actually "bad."

If I had to get a camber kit I was thinking about the Skunk2.

Suggestions, feedback?

Hesus

the LS PiMP
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I had the Eibach pro kit springs on my `94 Eg5 hatch with the factory schocks, and the grip was damn good

alextclam

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by psilocyber
Sorry to dig up an old post, but this topic fit what I'm looking for.

I'm throwing on Eibach Pro-Kits with Tokico Illuminas (94 civic EX coupe). Seems like the consensus here is that you don't need camber kits with these springs. However, it's only common sense that they will leave you with SOME negative camber. The question is, about how much are we talking about?

I run Uni-directional tires so the can't be cross rotated. If my camber is too negative then they will wear on the inside faster, right? My only recourse would be to have the tires remounted on opposing rims then? I don't like burning through tires, but at the same time I've been told that a little bit of negative camber is good for handling and that 0 degree camber is actually "bad."

If I had to get a camber kit I was thinking about the Skunk2.

Suggestions, feedback?
sup, i originally installed eibach sportlines w/ tokicos on my 96 civic and my brand new tires were done in less than a year. instead of getting a camber kit i got the eibach prokit cause 1)they ended up costing less to buy new springs and installing them rather the camber kit 2) the sportlines were too damn low for nyc roads. both my airbags deployed when i drove over a railroad crossing at like 5 mph. f'ing sucks! anyways, you do not need a camber kit with the prokit. my tires are wearing out evenly and i've had them for over a year now.

yonimation

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
am i the only one with the pro kit and camber kit??? i had about 1.8 negative on every side! wsup with this

lanojp1

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by yonimation
am i the only one with the pro kit and camber kit??? i had about 1.8 negative on every side! wsup with this
i have the pro kit and a front/rear kit, not installed tho

psilocyber

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Before I bought my Pro-Kit Springs and Tokico struts I was told by just about everyone that a camber kit wouldn't be needed.

When I went to the alignment shop they were able to correct every measure back to within Honda spec. The rears have a slight amount of neg camber, I think about 1.2 degrees, the fronts are something like .4. I lost my alignment sheet but I think I posted it somewhere on this forum if you are interested.

From what I've seen as long as you keep your tires properly inflated and rotate them every 3-5k miles then your tire wear should be even using Pro-Kit Springs and no camber kit. You MIGHT consider doing the washer thing in the rear, but even that isn't really needed. Just rotate them regularly and you'll be groovie. It's toe, not camber, that leads to pre-mature tire wear. Driving with improper toe is also very unsafe.

thunder_cat

5+ Year Member
can someone help me out here, I'm planning on going with the skunk 2 full suspension kit. I have a 99 hatch and riding on 17's. You guys have only been talking about eibach. anyone have any experience with skunk2? Do you guys think I should get the camber kit with this setup?

ryanM

you definately should have made a new thread about this, this thread is like 3 years old, please make a new thread in the wheels/tires/suspension tech forum :thumbs up

edit, your from WI, whats up man? check out the meet thread in the regional forums under United States ->Great Lakes Region -> another WI meet :thumbs up