Ej seats what will and wont work

soooperspeed

ok was thinking the other day the ej2 seats i have in my car at the moment look nice but it would be nice if i had some type r equivalent in there instead

now i don't want bucket seats or anything after market i would rather modify some newer originals and use them

has this been done before

if so what was involved

ep3 or the face lift seats i have my eye on

are they very different or do they bolt the same on the floor

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
This has been done and discussed a lot. There are even write ups on it. I don't have time right now on my phone to do the leg work, so I suggest that you hit google with a passion and search to your hearts content. I am sure you will find something that works for you.

Keep in mind that what ever you can think of to do to this car has more than likely been done and documented on the internet since the late 90's. All just a google search away.

soooperspeed

yer your right but the internet is such a bland place its nice too get the views from like minded interactive people here who have the same ideas and thoughts maybe even new ones lol

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If you would like to "get the views from like minded interactive people here who have the same ideas and thoughts maybe even new ones", then learn to use :google: because many seat projects were done and are being completed by many past and present members who also join other forums. It is wrong for anyone to expect those of us who have taken the time to create previous project threads for such purposes to also do the research work for you. Most of us will gladly help those who excersize effort, but we're also very hesitant to help the lazy.

I swapped my seats. Research my thread if it interests you.

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
its nice too get the views from like minded interactive people here who have the same ideas and thoughts maybe even new ones lol
They're aren't many new ideas for this 20+ yr old chassis when it comes seats, especailly ones that will drop in and bolt up.
Anything that won't bolt up will need fabrication to the rails, it's pretty cut and dry.