EJ6 Turbo Build

Failsafe88

gt CasaNova
Registered VIP
So I have put up few pics in the noob forum but I decided I would put more of my progress here.
When I got her back in 2007

I did minor things back then to her got rid of the wing got custom 2.5" exhaust already came with aftermarket header and upgraded the stero which their wasn't one any how and I rode around in her my nice pumpkin.
In 2009 I was hit in a car wreck on the driver side which ended up putting a slow down on me driving my car. Well in may of 09 I left to go overseas left my "friend" 2g to start buying parts. Needless to say he screwed me over and only bought bout 600 worth of parts and I decided to buy parts my self while I was overseas.
When I came back this is how it looked

Update
Okay the future buy list in somewhat order
1. 3" exhaust
2. Traction bar
3. New front bumper
4. New hood
5. Tune/ valve cover venting and custom catch can.
6. Fenders.
7. Paint.
8. http://www.go-autoworks-store.com/gosdseco.html catch can
Will be more added but probably wont happen till after all these things are done.

Failsafe88

gt CasaNova
Registered VIP
Me and my friend decided it was time to get rid of the pumpkin look and spent some time sanding her down by hand and spraying it down with primer after I got back in may 2010.

We also went ahead and upgraded the inside with a stereo upgrade and I got rid of my subs.

Well after that all I could do was tinker with just small stuff since I wasn't familiar with engine building or that extreme body work that I needed.

Failsafe88

gt CasaNova
Registered VIP
After getting prices from shops on cost I was just depressed at the amount I was going to have to spend until I found someone on one of the best sites in the world in my opinion Craigslist. Turned out that it was a user on here 95coupeEx. I brought the car to him and he has been working on her ever since.
Body work and paint

I was very pleased just to see all of that work not to mention the upgrades in the engine he would do soon after.

Failsafe88

gt CasaNova
Registered VIP
Now for the engine build yet again I had alot of free time while in iraq since their isn't much to do while your not running missions so all I did was read up on what I planned on doing for my engine build and decided to go with the vitara build with original d16y7 block and after buying a y8 head making it a mini me. If you really want to know what all parts I have you can ask and I have pictures of alot of them but do you really want pictures of parts so here is how my engine was

Now then here is how it looks now

And one more from side shot

That's where she stands right now

emerican

Registered VIP
Looks good man glad you posted up more pics glad about the update GLWB man keep it up

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Looking good. Love that color. Can't wait to see the rest of the build.

Decipher

Registered VIP
Wow, that thing was super fast and furious. I would've left it orange though ;)

It's coming along nicely.

Failsafe88

gt CasaNova
Registered VIP
Thanks for positive comments everyone the blue is a ford blue color with some flake in it. The pictures don't do it justice. For the person who stated I should of kept it orange don't you realize that orange sticks out not only to other drivers but cops as well lol I just rather be less noticeable. The harness is just about getting new axels put in. I have a s40 b000 tranny waiting to go in which will have mfactory LSD in it. That won't be for a little while though probably going to work on breaking it in really easy first then when time comes I'll put her in. I wish I could have a more hands on with her however 95coupeex is definitely doing a fine job. All I have really left to buy next is a new windshield and some springs. If anyone would suggest just some decent moderately priced springs to run on for little while it would be much appreciated. I have been checking different ones out still just unsure and already have some tokico hp struts. If anyone has more questions bout what is in it just let me know be more than happy to tell.

Failsafe88

gt CasaNova
Registered VIP
Just a little update come this weekend intercooler piping and hopefully rest of the turbo componets should be installed along with fenders and few other things