EK b18c

rupesh52

5+ Year Member
http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/3008/dsc02459sss2jw.jpg

Hi all, just posted my ride on the "post your hatch" section. Im a sri lankan working here in dubai.
just completed a JDM SiR2 b18c swap in my EK hatch. need some help with some mods.

what do you guys think of the dual runner intake? pros and cons?
a good supplier in US who will ship parts to dubai.
any suggestions for future mods for autocross?

BlackHopeDC5

Is Black Again??? :shock:
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Nice car brotha! :thumbup:

i have no clue what a dual runner intake is

www.passwordjdm.com is a very nice website to buy from

stealthy

4 Doors For More Whores
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
some people like the dual runner, some people dont. i personally do, and like the sound of the secondaries.

blackhope - the gsr and h22 IM have dual chambers inside, one for low rpms, and one for higher rpms .also called "butterflyes" or IAB's. on my gsr vtec comes in at 4400 and the iab's open at 5700

rupesh52

5+ Year Member
thanks all, Stealthy> u r right about the IAB. just want some opinion on it. i've seen like a 50-50 on this issue,

im running a custom ECU from http://www.tunedichip.com he's on of my good buddies in sri lanka and tunes many race honda's in sri lanka, india and the middle east too.

what other place do u recommend to order parts that will ship to this part of the world !!

rupesh52

5+ Year Member
just ordered a JDM ITR momo steering from a 98 teg with the steering column and indicators, switch, key, etc .... how easy is it to swap it in my EK? i know its straight thru in an EG, but EK?? some help wud be much appreciated.

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
how much did you pay for the steering wheel? here they are crazy expensive?

rupesh52

5+ Year Member
thanks again guys, payed close to 100$ for it ... its cheap on this side of town =) most of the junk yards here in dubai dont know the potential of these =) i got the original key and remote too !!
a b16a used to be around 250$ a few years back, nowww its around 500$ for an auto from an EG, while the manual ones run around 750-1000$ range. when we ask why the sudden rise ... they say "US and canada pay high prices so most good engines go there".

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I want to see more of your center console (where your radio and such are). Looks different than I've ever seen.

rupesh52

5+ Year Member
sure thing bro, havent got any pics at hand ... will take some and post up.
maybe it looks diferent coz its a gulf spec car?

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
rupesh52 said:
sure thing bro, havent got any pics at hand ... will take some and post up.
maybe it looks diferent coz its a gulf spec car?
Probably. It seems there are little diferences on Hondas from all different places. Oh yeah, and I'm a woman for future reference.