Ek coupe Lowering help!

P_hug

Hi guys,
I have a 97 ex and im wanting to lower it about 2 inches, ive looked around and found some eibach springs i think im gonna buy. Im kinda new to this honda thing, as this being my first Car. So i dont know a whole lot about suspension and what rides good. Not wanting slanted wheels. Haha If i drop it 2 inches on springs will i need a camber kit? Do i need new arms? And are there any suggestions on springs in a reasonable price range? (400-600) this is my DD so looking for a decent ride.
Thanks! Anything will help!

mylovehx

Hatches rock
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
...Koni/GC google it, then do it, then never look back...
Don't make me bring out the suspension horse. It can only take so many beatings.

Trekk

Registered VIP
@ 2 inches youll prolly need a camber kit. Some people like to skip out, but the truth is, if you put decent tires on your car, replacing them cost way more then a camber kit.

HellaEK99

BWR coilovers with front and rear camber kits. You wont get a better ride, for the money it's worth it. Koni is a second choice for me. You won't need new arms but it's easiest when you already have everything off to install them. You will need an alignment and your camber adjusted. NTB is the only place that dose lowered cars unless you know someone that owns a alignment rack. Goodluck!

98trooper

You dont "need" camber kits necessarilly, you can safely run 3-4 deg of -camber. As long as you get the toe in spec you wont chew tires.

P_hug

Thanks for the info! I think im gonna go with Progress CS-II coilovers. What do you guys think about those?