>>>EM2 Lowering<<<< Cant find an answer!!!!

818EK_

Hi I havnt been on this forum for awhile, I first made it when i had an Ek, later I sold it got a del sol dropped a Gsr on it and got into a huge accident 2 months after......Now im back to buying a civic, something bigger so an em2 would be perfect, WITH that being said.........

Ive seen Em2 SLAMMED and I mean an inch or 2 off the ground! and im sure this questions has been asked a thousand times but for some reason I CANT FIND AN ANSWER???

on my ek i had a 2.5" drop, and it was low but by all means it wasn't slammed.......Now for the Em2 the lowest i see these spring go is 2.25" drop by skunk2, and i know that will look low but not slammed,

SO if anyone knows can you please tell me how people are Slamming these cars? I mean are there springs/coilovers that drop you 3-3.5", because i cant find them anywhere????/:cry:

Heres a pic of how i want it to look

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/94/em2l.jpg/sr=1

FlipSkater079

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Depends how much money you're willing to spend.

If you want to go cheap and low you can get rokkor/raceland.

D2's are also pretty nice and go pretty low.

Some people who are SLAMMED have more custom setups.

1999EM1

I always found any Civics after the year 2000 to be ugly as fnck. My first car was a 2004 Nighthawk Black Pearl EX coupe that I got from my parents and I hated it.

I sold it after 10 months and bought a 1999 Si.

96-00 is the best generation of Civics and 99-00 is the best subgeneration. Beautiful body shape, very aesthetic. 2001-now Civics just kept getting more and more feminine. A chick's even driving that red Civic in OP.

civexspeedy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
You're kinda limited by the crappy suspension design on those cars... I would never recommend Function & Form coilovers, but if you're looking to go that low, that's probably your best option. Then of course you can also buy a lip kit to bring the body line closer to the ground to give the effect that your car is lower than it really is..

818EK_

Thanks yea I dont think they make lowering springs for the Em2 that will give you more then a 2.25" Drop so im pretty sure if i get some sunk2 coilovers with struts included I guess I can go as low as possible, I just wasnt sure if there was limit on how low coilovers can go. I was just wondering if they made spring for them Em2 that would give more of then a 2.25 drop but I guess not

lowlife9

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
you can get custom made springs made that are shorter with a higher spring rate then pair those with somthing like progress cs1 coilovers those have a shorter strut body so rite out of the box i believe your already 30mm shorter then stock hight those are rated at 2.5 3.0 inch drop. then you can also get smaller rims and tires for that extra little bit.being that low i would also have your rear tophats extended and maybe even invert your tie rods to get rid of bump steer also extended ball joints would be a good idea. i believe this company can make you custom springs
http://www.swiftsprings.net/index.html

meek61480

98 civic hb b16a
buddy of mine rocks a 7th gen, he got megan coilovers for a rsx in it, he "could" go that low but doesnt, those cars dont slam nicely, they put up a little bit of a fight....lol. look into the megans

Aetoc

5+ Year Member
I just got ground control coil sleeves and I'm running on stock shocks so the drop is only about 2 inches, but with better shocks (I plan on getting tokico D-Specs, but koni yellows are a good choice too), you can drop it another 2 inches at least...I wouldn't recommend that though, without some other serious suspension upgrades, as it will adversely affect your handling in a negative way with stock components. If you don't like the idea of coil sleeves, then full coils are your only option for that drop...megans are a good mid ranged product.

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
step 1, sell em2
step 2 , buy em1

FlipSkater079

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
If you guys are going to bash him for having a 7th gen and dickride 6th gens just leave the thread.

Lately I've seen a lot of guys with slammed 7th gens...

A couple pics for reference..?

It can definitely be done, you will either need custom springs or coilovers that drop low. Don't buy anything before you know the potential of how low the coils go. Not all coils drop the same height.

yahh

if you get someone who can cut springs the right way they have a good ride and can go super low

civexspeedy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
If you guys are going to bash him for having a 7th gen and dickride 6th gens just leave the thread.

Lately I've seen a lot of guys with slammed 7th gens...

A couple pics for reference..?

It can definitely be done, you will either need custom springs or coilovers that drop low. Don't buy anything before you know the potential of how low the coils go. Not all coils drop the same height.
Not saying it's not possible, it's just a much bigger PITA due to the sh*t tastic suspension design. I'd be surprised if those cars aren't slamming into their bump stops, that's if they even have them in... That and once you get past a certain height, you'll want to get reversed outter tie rods. My friend had to get them on his RSX-S and he isn't even close to being slammed like those cars.

Compared to older Civics, they aren't that low. Notice all of those cars you posted pics of have lip kits. Brings the body line lower to the ground. Cheater way of making a car look lower than it is? Sure they are slammed, but not like the older Civics are/can be..

DRISSN

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
they can go low, you really just have to find the right setup. Here, mine w/o a front lip. The sides sit at exactly the same level as the frame rails. when i go over bumps i scrape frame but not the sides.
again, just bolt on rokkor coilovers.

FlipSkater079

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
they can go low, you really just have to find the right setup. Here, mine w/o a front lip. The sides sit at exactly the same level as the frame rails. when i go over bumps i scrape frame but not the sides.
again, just bolt on rokkor coilovers.

:word:

Can't believe I forgot to post your car Drissn!

I've got rokkors and plan on slamming them in the Spring :D
Are you all the way down in the front? And how about the rear?

DRISSN

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
just about in the fornt. i maybe have 1/3 of an inch left on the threads. in the rear no not nearly.